Sending mail with an attachment(s) problem

I’m unable to send email with an attachments Otherwise account works properly with non-attachments.

Operations are as follows:

1. XXXX: sending messages [SMTP]

2. XXXX: connecting [POP3] To XXXX

XXXX: sending messages [SMTP]

1. XXXX: Disconnected [POP3] Done

2. XXXX: Connecting to XXXX failed

[SMTP] An attempt to connect to XXXX failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect setting. do you want to check the settings?”

Using 6.0.20154.0 version. Using the “Send and Receive” button changes nothing.

Files are small, under 1Mb. Orange is my ISP

By dismissing the error my account is working and not having issues with receiving/sending out emails without attachments. This is happening only with an eM Client app.

Please advice.

Thank you,

Bill

Can you please try sending out an email with an attachment and when the error pops out, switch to the Log tab in the operations window and send me the content of the log file.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I’ve the log, not sure how to that.

Bill

Paul, here is the log, not sure if this right place.

4:39:36 AM XXXX [SMTP] Connecting: To XXXX

4:39:38 AM XXXX [SMTP] Connected: To XXXX

4:39:38 AM XXXX [SMTP] Sending messages

4:39:48 AM XXXX [SMTP] MailExceptions.SocketException: Sending messages failed with reason:

4:39:48 AM “Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.”

4:39:48 AM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

4:39:48 AM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

4:39:48 AM XXXX [POP3] Connecting: To XXXX

4:39:49 AM XXXX [POP3] Connected: To XXXX

4:39:51 AM XXXX [POP3] Downloading messages: From XXXX

4:39:51 AM XXXX [POP3] Disconnected: From XXXX

4:39:51 AM XXXX [POP3] Disconnected: Done

Hi again, are you using any Firewall/Proxy/Antivirus software on your computer?
The application’s connection is being closed…

Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on SMTP logging for the problematic account? Save the settings and restart the application, again try to replicate the issue and when it occurs go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs”…

Please send the logs to [email protected] and please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul, did you manage to fix this? My friend Gary has started using em client loaded on Win8 and has the same issue I think…can you email him on [email protected] to walk him through it? Cheers.

Hi Jeff, as a free license users you’re not entitled to a priority support and you should redirect all your queries to this support forum.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Im not exactly sure what that means however if anyone can assist with this issue on here that sounds similar to Bills issues over sending emails with attachments I would live to hear from you. Cheers

Please if you have an issue with eM client, start a topic on this forum and give us information about the issue. All free users issues have to be resolved here on the forum, priority communication (email, ticket system, etc.) is for paying customers only.

Thank you,
Paul.

Sorry Paul, Gary had tried to start a topic so will check with him and post a new one and stop using this one. Cheers.