Sending Email Issue - Authentication Error

Hello, I am not able to send e-mails it shows server authentication error. It always asks for user log in name and password and then shows authentication error. How to reset this or reset password  or any other solution. Plz help for free version.

Who is your email provider?

I am not getting you??

Your email provider is the company who provides your email address and the server from which you collect your email.

That might be a free provider like Gmail, Outlook.com, GMX etc, or you may have a domain hosted by someone like Rackspace, Office365, Fasthosts etc.

EM Client is great but it freezes when I try to send a message once a day. I should shut it down in win Task Manager. 

Go to Menu > Tools > Operations and look for some SMTP error in the Log tab. 

In the mean-time, an authentication error can be caused by incorrect settings. To check the settings go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and click n the SMTP tab. The port should be 587 and the security policy should be Force usage of SSL/TLS

Thanks, I did install new version, we will se, this setting is there. Error come once a day, otherway it works fine, there was problem with callendar, so i connet my account agein for calendar and it works…

Gary, could you help me? I am having smtp issues with authentication. My IMAP works fine. 

I use em for my non-profit group and we have our own server. I’m using the same login info I’ve always used and it’s coming up as authentication failed for some reason.

Thanks

Typically that could be because of incorrect settings.

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, then on the SMTP tab for the account, check you have one of the following port/security policy combinations:

Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Thanks Gary!

Gary, I just got the error again. It’s weird I was able to get it to work earlier and now I’m getting the authorization error again.

As a Pro License user, it might be best for you to open a support ticket with eM Client. They will be able to help you with your business needs by looking at your logs, or if needed, through a remote connection.

Thank you Gary, do you have a link for pro license support handy?

In eM Client, go to Menu > Help > Get Support. If the Pro License is activated it will open the Pro License Support website.

Or you can find the link on the eM Client web page.

Thank you Gary!