Sending email failed with an error

“An error occurred
Sending email failed with an error: The user account which was used to submit this request does not have the right to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.”

I installed eM Client Pro v6 on my Win7 Pro PC and have one account which is to our Exchange 2007 server. All of my email is coming down, but I cannot send.

Has anyone else found an answer to this?

Hi, this issue is quite clear “The user account which was used to submit this request does not have the right to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.”

do you have troubles using your Exchange account in other clients too (if you have tried) ?

when you try to send email could you please make screenshot of that window before (you can use some test mail) and put that screenshot here?

Jan

While I was waiting for a reply I installed Thunderbird and figured out to use the ExQuilla add-on to connect to Exchange. With that I was able to use my Exchange account just fine plus Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail accounts (for free!).

Now that I have figured out how to get Thunderbird to work with Exchange eM Client is going to have to show me what they can do that is worth $50 that Thunderbird cannot do.

There are no other screenshots to give you. The error message I posted came from the Operations screen and that is all that happens. The status bar at the bottom of eM Client is empty.

things I like much better in eM Client than in Thunderbird:

* calendar
* tasks
* much better support for contacts
* searching in e-mail is faster and results are shown more nicely
* contact history of selected contact (also shown when you select an e-mail).
* they way receivers of e-mails are shown and can be moved from ‘to’ to ‘CC’
* the way attachments are shown in e-mails.

Thanks for your list of pros Hans.

Are you using eM Client for an Exchange account? If so how well is it working for you?

By the way, I found in the log file that eM Client cannot determine the version of our Exchange Server. I admit our Autodiscover is probably not configured, but should that really matter if I my server settings in eM point directly to https://domain/EWS/Exchange.asmx?

I will need your Exchange Web Services logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check Exchange Web Services under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

regards
Jan

Hi Leonard,

I don’t have an e-mail account of Microsoft Exchange, so I’m not using eM Client with an Exchange account.

Hi, I am not sure if I have received your logs, have you sent them or your issue has gone meanwhile?

Jan

News on this issue are that developers know about problems with Alias and Exchange and they are working on solution.

Jan

Hi,

i have the same problem and error. Win 8 Home, Exchange 2007 SP1. MS Outlook 2010 works ok. Is it possible to estimate when be this fixed?

Thanks,

Tomas

Hi, please follow my previous post from 1month ago, the one where I describe how to send Exchange logs.

There is currently no ETA on this, but majority of logs from users who send me their logs show this error:
“The user account which was used to submit this request does not have the right to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.”

That means that accounts is most likely setup wrong, please check if you have your aliases in eM Client set exactly like you have on your exchange server.

Jan

I have the same problem and I’m sure that I have the right aliases. Is there already a solution for this problem? Or is there a possibility to set more settings (just like outlook?) somewhere?

Hi, We have the same problem too. In Exchange (ExQuilla) AddOn to Thunderbird (which works with the same Exchange 2007 web service as eMClient) everything works fine, but in emClient outgoing mails still waiting in the Outbox folder.
Please,  exist any solution for this problem?

Hi Milan, what version of eM Client are you currently using? How long has this been occurring?
Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When you don’t manage to send out the email and it’s kept in the outbox, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs” and send the logs to [email protected]
    Also please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Do any error show up when you’re unable to send out the email? Can you also go to Tools > Operations > Log and copy the content of that log when the email is not sent and send it to my email as well?

Thank you,
Paul.

Same issue.  Various version of Outlook Clients, OWA, and Mobil Active Sync Clients attach fine to the Server, Em Client can sync everything fine, but can’t send.  Error claims the user doesn’t have rights to send.  Latest version of eM Client.   Exchange version 8.01.0436.000.  Alias or not, it seems to be only an eM Client problem.  

Hi Al, can you please proceed with the instructions posted above and send me the logs from this issue as well? I could use a screenshot of the issue and a copy of the content from the log tab in the operations window (when the error is displayed) as well.

Thank you,
Paul.

I had the same problem, however, for me it was an alias issue… Corrected the address and no more problems.

I can not send emails, but I receive all the email in the mail box.
Can you help me?
Above the logs for a sending!