Sender name as displayed to recipient

When I compose an email, the ‘from’ is displayed to the recipient as my email address, i.e, steve.jones@bigpond.net.au, instead of ‘Steve Jones’, even though I have Steve Jones set up (I think) as my name. What settings do I need to tweak to make my emails arrive at their destination with my name (not my e-mail address) in the ‘from’  column?

Hello Steve, the application only shows your email addresses in the from field, as for example if you had multiple addresses in eM Client you would only see Steve Jones for all of them.

If you have the Display name setup in your account settings, the display name should be displayed for the recipient once he receives your message.

I can’t see a ‘display name’ setting in the account settings area, there is an ‘account name’ section and a ‘name’ section under ‘user information’ and they both have my ‘Steve Jones’ name (not my email address) in them.

Hello Steve, under ‘user information’ as I’ve described you can change the display name, as I suggested display name should be shown to the recipient, but won’t display in the “From:” field, from field always allow you to select from the list of your email addresses, not display names.

Thanks Paul, it sounds then like the issue I have is in the ‘user information’ area (the ‘from’ field displaying the email address is fine). What information do I need to put in the various sections of the ‘user information’ area?

Thanks for being patient Paul. There is no ‘display name’ section in the ‘user information’ area. There is an ‘account name’ section and a ‘name’ section under ‘user information’ and they both have my ‘Steve Jones’ name (not my email address) in them.

Hello Steve,
the user information is right in the general settings of your account, see screenshot.

Hope this helps,

Fixed! Thanks Paul.

Glad it works, let us know when you come across any other issues or questions about email client, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

Paul, 

I too have the same issue. Under the User Information I have my name, which I want displayed when I send emails, however my email still shows as the display name when I send out emails. 

Hello Jennifer, are you using aliases with your account?

Regards,

have the same problem - I want my name displayed when it is sent to a recipient not my email addressI

I had the same problem that my recipients receive the email with the email address instead my name “John Smith”. I put my name in the proper “User Information Name” field when set up the account.

The solution to this is:
erase the name from the  “User Information Name” and then click “Accept”.
Then, rewrite the name in the  “User Information Name” and then click “Accept” again.
SOLVE!!! :slight_smile:

I think this is bug. Please consider this comment to fix it. Thank you.
I looking other email client software (not any more) because this is very important for me and clients.

I have just setup my Em client 6 with my Office 365 account (Exchange). The From Email name is not picking up my full name  that i have setup in the account settings instead it is sending emails with only my first name. I have tried doing the above steps but it didn’t work. Please help?

ERASE the Account Name and the User Name, clic Accept.
REWRITE the Account Name and the User Name, then clic Accept. Done

Thx, I tried the above steps but it didn’t work. Even when I send an email with no Account name (it is a mandatory field so I typed in “A”)  and left user name blank, it still sends the email with my first name only.