send email NOT from an address

Hi all

I have setup two emails on my account. One is info@ and the other is my personal one.

However sometimes mistakenly I send emails from the info@ and I don’t want that to happen.

Is there a way to be able to only receive emails from info@ but not show it as an option to send from, when creating a new message?

Hi,
yes of course, if you go to Tools > Accounts > Your info@ account > SMTP tab, there should be an “Enable Service” checkbox checked. If you uncheck this checkbox, you can only receive emails from that account and the account should not be displayed in the from dropdown accounts menu.

Thank you,
Paul.

Wow brilliant! So many screwups would be avoided if I knew this sooner.
Appreciate it Paul.

At least it helps now, let me know if you come across any other questions or issues, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
default “From” address field, not dependent on selected folder.

Hi,
is it possible after clicking on new message button to set “From” address to some fixed account? in other words - break eM’s automaticlaly chosen From email address, recognized by what folder was selected in tree,

this has a good reason - many users I know hava 1 gmail and 1 other email (hidden, just for the purpose of sending emails) and use gmail folders all the time. I just want to send all emails as other email account and thus to have its From address in new message window as default,