Send Attachment Security Settings

Can anyone help? I tried to send a bookmarks.html from my PC to my laptop BUT the Em Client email program says “Check your email Security Settings”, coz the attachment may have a virus and I can’t send it.

I looked under Settings/Mail/Attachments but this is received attachments only. How do I lookup/amend current “send attachment” settings?

Perhaps you may want to check the settings on your email host site?

Maybe you can give a screenshot, because eM Client has no virus scanning ability.

The message may come from your anti-virus application, or from your email server as @sunriseal says.

Thanks for your reply - I got another that suggested the virus check was in my A/V software, but it is Windows Defender!!! I looked there, but it’s all gobbledegook to me, so I won’t bother further.

Coincidentally, when I sent the attachment as a .bat file, it sent it OK - Odd!

Thanks for your reply -my A/V is Windows Defender !!! I looked there, but it’s all gobbledegook to me, so I won’t bother further.

Coincidentally, when I sent the attachment as a .bat file, it sent it OK - Odd!

Do a google search on “windows defender extension exclusions”. There you should find a fair amount of suggestions present to you including how to add an extension to the Defender exclusion list.

Hi again

Well, followed that lead and no joy. Excluded both the file itself from Defender and the folder it is in - still no joy. At least EM Client is no longer adding a warning that it might not send it due to possible virus

• any other suggestions welcome

If it is “no longer adding a warning…”, what other suggestions are you looking for?

Hi sunriseal

Thanks for your perseverance. What I am [was] looking for is any suggestions as to why this particular email [+ attachment] will not send [I do hate mysteries, especially computer ones!] . Tried another tack this a.m. [in UK]. As the email would not send from/to a TalkTalk email account [one of my ISPs] I tried to send it [from TalkTalk] to my other address, which is a GMail account. That worked fine [and fast], so I must assume that the puzzle lies in TalkTalk’s sending rules. I shall investigate further with them.

Thanks again for all your help
Dave B.
Hove UK