Selected Mail Message Background

Hi, can anybody tell me the correct theme item to change for the background colour of the selected mail item in the message list.

viernes 17 diciembre 2021 :: 1933hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Mike_Pugh

I do not completely understand your question.
What Theme are you using?
What color do you want to change, from what to what?

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

OK, it’s not this theme but the blue of the selected message.

viernes 17 diciembre 2021 :: 2007hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Mike_Pugh

Your comment is meaningless as you have not answered the questions I asked, I cannot help you without full information.
For instance, look at what you have written.

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

If I understand you correctly (but still, you haven’t answered @skybat question). Try this:
In the Theme Editor, under Elementary Controls and then General: change “FocusedInputControlBorder” to the desired color.
Note however that you have to make this change to a modified theme for the change to take place. AFAIK you cannot change this feature in buil-in themes.
But I might be wrong.

It’s a custom theme I’ve imported and changed some items. I want to change the light blue in the image with a darker blue. It’s grey sometimes - I want to change that as well. !!

sábado 18 diciembre 2021 :: 0855hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Mike_Pugh

You still did not give all the information requested, however, as it is the season of good will…
I do not use the Theme Editor, I prefer to edit the XML file as there is more control.

I have had a look and you will find the element you need to edit using the Theme Editor here:

Open Editor then in left column ->Tree View ->Forms ->Main Form ->Message List

The particular elements are in the Message List.

ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK - BACKUP before you start

Skybat
[email protected]

Hi, I’m really not sure which info I’ve not provided. I don’t see either the light blue or light grey in the list of elements. The light grey on the right hand side looks the correct colour but I don’t see that in the list.

For the background of items selected:

Perfect, thanks. Do you know which ones cover the grey ones - that’s a selected item but you move to another application?

I think it is this one:

1 Like

Excellent, that’s the one - thanks again

domingo 19 diciembre 2021 :: 0912hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Mike_Pugh

Clearly there was an issue with terminology and language.
I am pleased to see that you have been able to get what you wanted.

Skybat
[email protected]

Hi, do you know why some messages end up with no background colour. The bottom screenshot has the Costa message selected - as you can see the background is blue. The top screenshot has the message below the Costa one selected but there’s only the border colour.

Hi again, does anybody know why sometimes the background is white and other times the colour I have set - i.e. blue.