I’m pretty sure this started happening after the update to Version 9. (current version: 9.0.2109 (9967b93)
I continue to see a counter beside my inbox that shows unread messages, when I don’t have any unread.
I made sure it was a previous days email that didn’t get read (deleted previous days email from this folder), checked the Unread in the favorites; not showing any unread. Checked “AllMail” (Google folder for Gmail), it’s not showing any emails marked as unread.
I also went out to Gmail’s website and checked the folder in question; thinking maybe something odd had happened during the sync between emClient and Gmail; it’s not showing any unread emails.
I’m hoping someone else might have seen this and has a solution. It’s not a deal breaker, but since updating and moving back to a free license; I’ve noticed this happening.
If you have no unread emails online in your Gmail account, then first try repairing your Gmail account in eM Client. It could be just out of sync.
Make a backup of eM Client first though via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup is completed via “Menu / Operations”.
To run the repair on your Gmail account in eM Client, “Right click” on “All Mail” folder under your Gmail account" and then click “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair” tab at the top. Finally click “Repair”. This will re-sync all your mail and folders / labels from Gmail online.
Failing that go to “Menu / Accounts” and “Remove and Re-add” your Gmail account (via the automatic email wizard).
Note:- Make sure you click (Allow) near the end of the email wizard to allow eM Client access to your Gmail account.
Thanks for the info, just ran the repair on the account. It just finished and it’s only showing 1 unread email, which I know I have, I’ll have to keep an eye on it and see if this pops up again.
Might be that my Version 8 was a paid version and my current Version 9 is the free version.
Thanks for the info, just ran the repair on the account. It just finished and it’s only showing 1 unread email, which I know I have.
Great that the repair worked ok.
Might be that my Version 8 was a paid version and my current Version 9 is the free version
No going from V8 Pro to V9 Free version doesn’t cause that issue. It just means your local eM Client database got our of sync with your online mailbox for some unknown reason. So the repair or removal & re-adding of the acct fixes that.
I was wanting to wait to make sure that this actually fixed the issue I was seeing before marking this topic as resolved. After the repair, emCLient seemed fine. Then last week it started doing the same thing again, showing unread emails when there where none.
I would look in the gmail “ALL Email” folder, it didn’t have anything unread. I checked the Unread Messages folder under favorites, it didn’t show that there where any unread emails. I also checked gmail online to see if maybe I was getting the count but didn’t get the download (Maybe timing) but gmail itself also did not show any unread emails.
But if I right clicked and chose the option to mark all emails as read; the counter would go away.