Security problem

When deleting a mail when the mail is open, the eM Client will automatically open the next mail automatically without my accept ! (Also I didn`t completly delete - without trash) ver.6.0.24928

Hello Virgilio,
if you have a message details open, the cursor must go somewhere after you delete the previous message. It’s the same way when you open the application and the first message in the list is open.
If I am misunderstanding your problem, please describe it in more detail, as I am not sure what you mean by deleting the message but not moving it to trash.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you, but I think that I haven’t asked the right question. The messages are going in trash but there si no button so they should be deleted for good without passing throw trash. And the most important problem is the security: I open the mail and I hint delete, that message goes to trash, but other programs normally it don’t open the next mail automatically, when I hint delete i want to delete the current mail and to go to the main list from this program not to open the next message (it is possible that the next mail it opens after i deleted one could be a mail that i do not want to open).
As conclusion the delete button of a opened mail it doesn’t only delete the current mail, it also opens the next mail, it makes two operations.
I hope you understood this time. If i haven’t made myself explained correctly please ask me again what you need in order to understand.
Thank you.

Hello Virgilio,

to have a message sent to trash first is a standard feature, in case a message is deleted by accident. You can set to have all your messages from trash deleted upon exiting the application, so you don’t have to worry about the messages staying there. Or use the ‘Shift’+‘Delete’ shortcut to delete your message permanently right away.

As for your concern with next message being open - it is actually a feature that helps getting through a long list of new emails. If the cursor bounced back at the beginning of the message list it would add more work.
However, you can avoid a new message being opened by disabling the message preview. Go to Tools>Settings>Appearance>Layout and choose the Messages panel off option.
This way emails will be only opened in a new window when you double-click them.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you very much. One last question: I want to buy this program. I have 30 days free to use the program. After these 30 days i have other 30 days when i can use the program and if I am not satisfied with it i will receive the money back, right ? I ask because I know this year will be lanced the ver. 7 of this program and I would like to buy this one directly. Thank you.

I have the Message Panel off but this is not what I mean. The security problem refers to the delete button of any message that has been opened. this button not only deletes the message but also opens automaticaly the next one. With any other mail program when you open one of the emails you receive after you read the email when you hint delete the message deletes and the program goes back to the main list of emails, they do not open the following email on the list. in settings there is no option that the delete button only deletes the message and not to open the next email. Thanks.

Hello Virgilio,
this setting is in Tools>Settings>Mail>Read and you need to check the option Close original message window after deleting the message.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Virgilio,
yes, you can run a 30 day DEMO and then when you buy PRO license you have a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
Since we are so close to the version 7 release, I suggest contacting our Sales department - [email protected] - prior to your purchase and asking them about options to have your license valid for v7.

Regards,
Olivia

You are right, but in my computer the button was hidden…Thanks.