Security Policy and Ports not working on recommended settings for host

Hi All. My web host some time ago updated their email system and I could never get emclient to work with the security policy and port options they were informing me to use.

I have been informed that the email client has to be TLS 1.2 (or newer) and can use STARRTLS. SSLv2, SSLv3, TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are not supported.

Their system requires:-
IMAP SSL and port 993
SMTP STARRTLS or TLS amd port 587

I can’t get either to work no mater which option I choose for security policy. However I do get results with the following:-

IMAP Force use of SSL/TLS and port 143
SMTP Don’t use secure connection and port 587

They have informed me that I really should be using the correct ports and security but what can I do. It works in Outlook but not eM Client so what can be done here. . . . .is it the end of the road for me and eM Client??

Any advise welcome.

For SMTP port 587, the security policy should be Force usage of SSL/TLS
For IMAP port 993, the security policy should be Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Please change them, then click on Save & Close.

Hi Gary. Yes IMAP continues to work with these settings
SMTP now falls over. In Diagnostics it says server not responding. . . . and sending is failing.

You can change the SMTP to port 465 and Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Or even port 25 and Use SSL/TLS if available

If that still is not working, as a test, can you completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN, then try again. Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this.

Sorry for delay. Gary none of those setting worked I can’t make any secure connection work.

As for firewall rules and AV, I will have to play with that this evening when I have comcloded work activities.

Will report back.