Search results are incomplete

Hi I just installed on a macbook pro. All of my email accounts are synced but every time I search I get this message: “search results might be incomplete because some messages haven’t been fully downloaded.”

I’ve chosen the correct settings…anyone else having this issue?

I get the attached all the time. Even if I select “always download” it keeps coming back regulairly. How can I be sure that “always download complete messages” is being respected if I select “don’t show this warning again”?

Thomas

Does anyone have an idea?

I simply do not want to select “Don’t show this warning again” until I am sure that the selected “Always download complete messages” is being resepect. If I select “Always download complete messages” and “Don’t show this warning again” then there is no way to get back the dialog right? And as the message keeps coming back I know “Always download complete messages” is not being respected. If it was, the message would not show up again…

Correct?

@Thos

Even if I select “always download” it keeps coming back regularly. How can I be sure that “always download complete messages” is being respected if I select “don’t show this warning again”?

You can change via “Menu / Accounts” an option under an eg: IMAP account to “Download messages for offline use” and also “Include attachments” for searching in message bodies as per the below screenshot. So i am guessing that screenshot you posted would be referring to these “Sync Options” in an IMAP account.

So if you then checked that box “Don’t show this warning again” eM Client for that account would allways download complete messages, but you could allways change that option again by removing both the below check boxes later if you chose to. That would be my take on your query.

1 Like

Hi Cyberzork,

This makes sense, but I am using POP and still get these messages.

“So if you then checked that box “Don’t show this warning again” eM Client for that account would allways download complete messages, but you could allways change that option again by removing both the below check boxes later if you chose to. That would be my take on your query.”.

My question is really if I select “Always download complete messages”, the the option “Don’t show this warning again” makes no sense…

My question is really if I select “Always download complete messages”, the the option “Don’t show this warning again” makes no sense.

Yes that is strange as you said, if you have selected to download complete messages offline, why it would still pop-up that message.

Make sure you have closed and reopened eM Client “after selecting to download complete messages”. It shouldn’t keep reappearing if u tick never show this warning again.

If it keeps appearing could maybe then be a bug in POP accounts that it shouldn’t then be appearing if you have now set to allways download complete messages & closed and reopened eM Client.

This is a continuing problem. I have had my IMAP account attached to this for years and it still never has everything downloaded and gives the warning message that everything is not downloaded. I have all of the checkboxes shown above checked. Help?