Search Queries very slow while Vmware Running

I’m not sure why, but when I’m running Vmware on my computer the email client seems to take a very long time to load queries from search results, the queries loading times are resolved when I close Vmware, I’m wondering why there is a conflict between these two programs causing issues for EMclient search queries.

lunes 29 mayo 2023 :: 1833hrs (UTC +0100)

VMware should run perfectly fine with eMC.
Make sure that there are no other applications running in your base operating system that conflict and use resources.
The possible reasons can be insufficient RAM and/or low power CPU that overheats.
You should be using an SSD not an HDD.
You should not have to use a lot of your resources in your virtual machine.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia la soleada y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I have no issues with computer hardware, I have 64GB of Ram and a 10850k running on Liquid cooling with an RTX 3090 GPU also have multiple WD Black NVME’s so that’s also not the issue.

The problem is with EM not being able to process search queries while a VM is running on my computer, not a lack of resources.

Have you tested these two conflicts? Or are you just making up reasons why you “think” it has a problem?

lunes 29 mayo 2023 :: 2143hrs (UTC +0100)

I have not specifically tested your actual scenario with regard to VMware, however, it was not some wild stab in the dark, that would be a waste of my time and yours. I use VMware and have no issues or drop off in the performance of eMC. Maybe there is something on your system that is causing a conflict resulting in a slow response.
Without knowing exactly your setup and software installed I can not help further.
Perhaps you would be better to raise a ticket with eMC VIP Support and also contact VMware.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

[email protected]

It’s not a VM problem, it’s an EM problem, and just to clarify, I’m not using EMclient in a VM environment; I’m using it on my desktop while VMware is running alongside it. The search problems disappear if I close the VM, so it’s definitely related.

martes 30 mayo 2023 :: 1006hrs (UTC +0100)

I also do NOT use eMC in a VM environment.
Unfortunately, I can not agree with your statement that the issue is with eMC as I do not experience any performance issues on which to base such a statement.
You will no doubt be aware that this Forum is supported by users like me and such as yourself, who give their time freely in an attempt to help others.
As I stated previously, in this instance I can not help you further and suggest you raise a ticket with eMC VIP support. Presumably you will, or perhaps have already done the same with VMware.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

[email protected]

1 Like

Have you tried to do a search query while a VM is running? I’m wondering, since you have said “you do not agree” giving the assumption you did test this exact issue in the same circumstances?

martes 30 mayo 2023 :: 1535hrs (UTC +0100)

Of course! that was the purpose of addressing your issue in the first place.

Also, I meant what I said above, I can NOT help you further and you should now follow my suggestion above.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

[email protected]