Search not working correctly.

Hi, are David G. Imber, Johnywhy and James Burts still getting these problems after downloading messages?

I am flabbergasted, it’s 2021, and Googling this issue, it turns out people have been having my problem for the past 8 years!
I am running Pro licence on latest version on 2 machines; mine and my colleague’s. On both machines, I did a perfectly classic install with IMAP accounts.
A few days ago I forwarded him an e-mail mentioning client X He erroneously responded to me instead of the client in question. Today, in order to correct his mistake, he searched for X (client’s name), in body text), with no result, but I found the exact same mail in my ‘sent’ folder using the exact same search word!

He has complaining not being able to find mails on eMClient, which he can find on Thunderbird or on his phone. I have the same problem, and I was forced to install Outlook in parallel to work efficiently.

The search function micht work well, but it does so unreliably. That IS a big deal for customers like us, but is also a serious pain in the buttocks for programmers to fix. However, please make this a proirity!

Before beginning the search, click the down-arrow in the search box and make sure you have the correct folders and fields selected.

1 Like