Search in rules (?)

Is it possible to search in the rules (finding a specific rule)?
Are the rules stored in an editable file somewhere?
I have 100+ rules and it is sometimes hard to find a specific rule.

Hi, unfortunately no, rules are only editable from the application and no search feature is applied to this settings window.
I’m sorry if this is an issue for you, maybe it could be a request for future improvement?

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

+++1

I’ve got 40 rules and more, too, and finding the correct one is just a PITA. Using Thunderbird for quite a long time, this wasn’t any problem so far (perhaps it was an add-on, though).

I would like to add this to your list for the features of the upcoming version 7!

1 Like

Hi again Mike, thank you for the suggestion, we’ll consider adding the feature to future releases of eM Client.

Best regards,
Paul.

Paul, with respect to your current answer and those from the past. You always write the very same answers w/o changing anything in emClient.

I’m a customer (lifetime license)  since a week now and missing various features in emClient. Hence, I’ve searched the community forums, FAQ and used the google search for any solutions of my current issues regarding missing features. I came across lots of threads of emclient users that were posted more than half year, maybe even older. Most of them got the official answer, including yours:

we’ll consider adding the feature to future releases of eM Client.

I understand that developing a complex application takes time, however I’m smart enough (longtime programmer Windows, MS CRM and SAP)  to judge if a suggested enhancement is easy to implement or not or if they are just discussed away with statements you just posted above.

Looking at the release history of v6, I’ve seen not many real enhancements you have done besides fixing this and that. The conversion view you are suggesting for v7 on facebook is not really a breaking feature.

Better toolbar customization, bigger and more buttons would be great. Enhancements in the rule definition (search box, and/or conditions, combine sending/receiving rules instead of multiple ones) would be the way to satisfy many of your loyal  and new customers.

Michael

1 Like

Hi Mike, please follow my answers under another reply of yours for more information.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

My God! This answer was 8 years ago and it still isn’t implemented! I find it really hard to look through my Blacklist . . . . . wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to search so many RULES!!!

eM Client supports searching in the settings area, and as of eM Client 9.2 it supports searching in the rules section (eM Client 9.2 is here with more improvements | eM Client). So if you want this feature you will need to upgrade to eM Client 9.2.

1 Like

I have version 9.2.1222 but cant seem to find seach anywhere within rules?

I’ll keep looking . . . . . .

mmmm ok it is fine if you only have one address per rule and three hundred rules!

But if you have one blacklist rule that has 300 blacklisted addresses it’s utterly useless!

Thank you, in other worlds you havent really given us a proper search within rules at all!