I’m new to eM client, I have used Thunderbird recently. eM works perfect for me, but I have noticed very strange behaviour while searching. When I try to search a word, which I know it should return some results, it says nothing found. If I find the email in history and open it and then I search for the same phrase like before, the email is in results. That makes eM client really not useful for me.
Hi Jiri, what version of eM Client are you currently using? Can you make sure you’re using the correct search setup, e.g. searching through all folders, using all available (or needed) criteria?
Based on your search results, make sure you’re using the appropriate setup by clicking the little arrow in the search pane.
If the issue persists, can you possibly make a screenshot of your search criteria and search settings, and a message that was not displayed?
Hi Jiri, unfortunately this is not an issue of the application, this is due to a the application’s feature, eM client by default only downloads the headers of emails and does not automatically download the body of the message before you open the message.
The performed search is searching for the message content, however it is not possible to find the exact word. However you can avoid this by using the “Download messages for offline use”, this option will enable automatic downloading of the message and thus you will have the content available for search.
However note this option can take a lot of space overtime as all your messages are fully downloaded.
Hope this helps,
thank you so much. Now it works as expected.
Hi again Jiri, I’m glad I could help, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other questions or issues, we’ll be happy to help.