screenreader

It’s a great e-mailclient but it’s so pity it doesn’t work with a screenreader. I have tested it with NVDA, Zoomtext and Supernova.

Hello,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we’re sorry that this is the case. Could you please give us some more details? Do the applications not work at all, or do they e.g. only read certain parts? I will pass the information along to relevant people.

Thank you,
Maurice

You can test it with the free NVDA screenreader. It’s important that the screenreader gives information where is your focus and the name of the buttons.

Hello,

Thank you for specifying, I will forward the suggestion over to our product team as consideration for a future release.

Regards,
Maurice

Same issue here: I tested it with both latest version of nvda (www.nvaccess.org ) and supernova 14.6 . It already starts with the installation: I had to chose a theme and wanted to try it out with the classic theme, but I couldn’t find out if the theme was selected or not; by importing data from wlm or ms outlook or something like this: I could not see if I selected the correct programm or type of document, nor where the imported data would end up; within ms Outlook I e.g. use ctrl +y keys to see the folders and subfolders; with EMclient I can’t find out how to get this info. If selections are indicated by color difference (for naming something), this is undetectable for screenreaders; if buttons are icons with no text and if not all options are reachable by using the keyboard, screenreaders also have problems. It’s possible that there are settings you could configure in such way, that emclient is usefull for screenreader users. If these settings were available, I would list them up in an help article with the title accessibility or something like that. At the moment e.g. I can’t see the folder structure, nor what is imported from the accounts I added and what’s not imported. Hoping that this feedback could help you in improving your product for screenreader users, I wish you all the best.