Scrambled HTML body

Hi,
I am new in using eM Client. It is great, except for one thing. When I got some mails from certain senders, eM Client just display scrambled code rather than normal HTML tables with an attachment named ‘Unnamed attachment.’ The mails are normally displayed in other clients like Thunderbird. Could you tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Are those e-mails coming from users who use an e-mail program on an Apple computer?

I don’t think so since they came from a government agency which should use Windows or Unix-like OS. FYI, I attached the header here. Thanks.

Hi, would it be possible for you to send me this email exported into .eml to [email protected]? If so then send me url to this topic over email with that .eml file too.

Jan

Info on this issue is that it will be repaired in upcoming patches.

Jan

Great! Thanks for the prompt response,

you are welcome :slight_smile:

Jan

I have the same  issue…html email looks good in outlook but emclient on right is incorrect

1 Like

Hi Xavier,

Which exact version of eM Client are you using?

Is all HTML e-mail looking bad, or just this one?

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? Try to update this to the latest version if possible.

HI Hans
My pc  info is:

Win 7sp1 64 bit
emclient 6.0
IE 11

So far, this is the only example of bad html email  result

Hi Xavier,

You can find the exact version of eM Client in help > about.

If you’ve only trouble with 1 e-mail, then maybe you should send it in .EML format to eM Client, so they can have a look at it.

I am using em client 6.02104…  The forum will not allow uploading of .eml

Hi Xavier,

You should be able to find the e-mail address of Paul (of eM Client) in this forum. You can send your .EML file to him.

I’ve searched for you: it’s [email protected]

Maybe there is also an e-mail address mentioned on the website of eM Client to which you can send your .EML file.

Hi Hans, thank you for your help, but please don’t advise users of this forum to contact me right away, eM Client’s free license users are not entitled to use priority support and should use this forum in order to resolve their questions or issues.

If we need any additional data, we’ll advise to submit them to us.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul

Hi Xavier, thank you for the submitted .eml file, unfortunately this issue is caused by an incorrect message formatting,  my best suggestion at this point would be reporting the issue to the sender.

Best regards,
Paul

I have the exact same issue from several different senders. They are just fine in webmail, but are all messed up once downloaded. I hate to change email clients, but since my employer is a lawyer, I can’t keep fiddling around with messed up emails. Since this thread is more than 7 years old, it’s obvious the problem is still occurring. Thanks for any help or advice you can provide.

I don’t think this is the same issue being discussed previously in this thread.

If you have current VIP Support on your Pro license, can you open a support ticket with us please?

While it may not be the exact same issue, it’s as close as I could find in a search. I don’t have VIP support nor a pro license, so I guess I have no choice but to move on from eM client. Too bad, as it was given very high marks by CNET. Thanks for your help.