Saving Distribution List Locally - Google Mail Sync Problem

Is there a method to create a distribution list that won’t sync with my Google Mail (Local Computer Only)? Everytime I create a group Google mail deletes all of the contacts except one. I know that Google Mail doesn’t support Distribution list.

Hi Darin, as Google Contacts do not support distribution lists, the distribution lists are not synchronized with the server.
If you have the distribution list saved on your computer the name of the list will be synchronized with the server, however will not contain any data on any other devices, as Gmail will strip the members of the Distribution list.

However the distribution list should remain silent and all the members and should be available on your computer without losing it’s members.

You can also create a distribution in your local folders and populate it with selected Google contacts.
To enable local folders navigate to Tools > Settings > General, and check the option “Enable local folders”.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hi Darin, as Google Contacts do not support distribution lists, the distribution lists are not synchronized with the server.
If you have the distribution list saved on your computer the name of the list will be synchronized with the server, however will not contain any data on any other devices, as Gmail will strip the members of the Distribution list.

However the distribution list should remain silent and all the members and should be available on your computer without losing it’s members.

You can also create a distribution in your local folders and populate it with selected Google contacts.
To enable local folders navigate to Tools > Settings > General, and check the option “Enable local folders”.

Hope this helps,
Paul