running eM Client under Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10074

I currently have eM Client running on a Win 7 Pro version, but the CPU is dying from old age. I have a new test system up and running nicely with Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10074, but have been reluctant to try to switch, as was not sure of how your testing was on that platform.

It appears that MS will allow this Win 10 preview to be updated to the full release version the end of July, but…I guess I’m fishing for any input on this.

All data is being backed up regularly, but I just hate to spend the hours necessary to reload everything if I can keep this test system going with eM Client.

Suggestions or comments anyone? Thanks. 

Hello Stephen, we’ve tested eM Client with Windows 10 in our offices and even though it’s still not the official release, eM Client is not showing any kind of issues while running on this operating system, so as far as I can comment regarding this, you should be able to run the installation and your database on the new installation.

Hope this helps.

Great, that gives me hope!  I’ll just keep things well backed up and trust that MS actually DOES allow us to update the previews to the release version.

Now…if you can tell me some secret on not having to reinstall all the programs off that Win 7 system…I’ll REALLY be impressed!    ha  :)

Hello Stephen, I’d be happy to help, but I’m afraid that’s not completely an eM Client related questions, but check out the Microsoft forums in order to find an answer to this question.

Thanks

I was just joking. I know they can do some of that (I tried), but … after 28 yrs of this…I’m skeptical.

As to downloading the Pro eM Client for the Win 10 machine, how should I go about that?  

eM Client PRO and FREE both use the same installer, so just download the installer from the website or using this link, Free Download, and activate the product using your PRO or Free license key.

Hope this helps.

worked great Paul !  I restored the databases and all seems to be working fine on the Win 10 system.

THANK YOU!

That’s why I’m a fan of eM Client…you guys do it right.

Thank you for your support, glad it works, make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.