Rules on SERVER side question

This is a two-part question so please respond to both inquiries…

I realize that setting up rules on the SERVER rather than LOCAL is the better idea because the rules will work no matter what device you are on -and- for those of us with more than one license, we don’t have to create the same rules on both devices.

However, here is my unique situation…

I have several email accounts. Most of my incoming mail is through GMAIL. However, my rules folders are set up on ICLOUD. This is because I had ICLOUD much longer than GMAIL.

So, incoming mail from GMAIL rules are set up to be copied into ICLOUD folders.

Can that be set up as a SERVER rule? I would think not because you are asking GMAIL to copy mail to a folder on an ICLOUD account.

==========

Alternative Plan:

I could simply get rid of the ICLOUD folders and have all of them reside on the GMAIL side if I want to do SERVER rules.

Can I simply drag all my ICLOUD messages and/or folders to GMAIL?

Also if I do that…

Is there an easy way to change existing rules from LOCAL to SERVER without having to recreate them?

No. A server filter can’t move messages to another account. It can forward messages received on that account to another account, but then the message will appear to come from you as a forwarded message, so not ideal.

Yes.

No. You will need to delete the local Rule, then create it again on the server. Server Rules do not have all of the same options, so you can’t just move them.