Rule based on time...month only

I would like to create a rule that will search for inbound emails for a specific month. For example, I want to separate and move emails into folders for each month they were received and further filtered by a specific email account. So far I’m unable to figure out how to do this.  

Hi Steve, this is unfortunately not possible in eM Client, no such rule available in the setting, maybe in future releases.

Thank you for understanding, hope you can manage to use the current setting,
Paul.

Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I think it would be a good rule to have in eM Cilent and would make it much more functional for me and likely others.

~Steve

Thank you for the suggestion, we’ll consider it for future releases of eM Client.

Paul.

Same here ! Returning to Windows from Mac, I fairly like the eM Client… but am a bit surprised that there is comparbly little freedom to design one’s own rules.
I’d simply like to file away messages older than, say, 14 days that have NOT been laballed with a category.
Shouldn’t be rocket science - but can’t be done with the current set of rules / rule assistance.
Any hint if an enhancement for rule editing is anywhere in sight in upcoming releases ?

Hello Ulf, unfortunately it is not possible to file out messages after a certain time period using your Rules, however you can use the automatic archiving feature. Which will allow you to remove your items from the server after X days in case you’d like to archive the message for future offline use and remove it from the sync process with the server.

You can setup this option in Tools > Settings > Mail > Automatic archiving.

Hi Paul.
I cant understand your reluctance to try to code in time operated rules. Surely it just needs a few more statements in the rule choices.

A broad rule could be of the form:
If message in folder abc is older than xx days, then move/copy it to folder xyz.

Automatic archiving has very limited value and is not listed as a rule

Come on! Let’s have it in the next release.

Perhaps you should study the filters available in Pegasus Mail to get some ideas.

John D  (experienced coder)