revert to previous version

Hello Monica,

We’re sorry if you aren’t happy with version 7, although we will of course provide information on reverting. For going back to the old version it is necessary to uninstall version 7 and re-install version 6 (available from http://www.emclient.com/release-history).

The only potential problem could be in the change of the database structure between version 6 and 7. If your database still includes files from version 6 , you will have your data available when you re-install. You can see whether that’s the case when you look at the ’ settings’ file i C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming. If it is in the .xml format (settings.xml), you still have the version 6 database available and you can skip the following paragraph.

If you deleted the version 6 database during installation of version 7 , it is necessary to export the data manually from version 7 (Menu -> File -> ‘Export…’) into a universal format (such as -eml foe-mails). After installing version 6 again, the program needs to start with a new database. After the installation is completed please go to C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roamingand the rename the current ‘eM Client’ folder to e.g. ‘eM Client old database’. The version 6 is now ready to run and you can import your data through File -> Import.

Hope that helps and you’ll be able to use the

Regards,
Maurice

I do not mind the changes in the new version but I do mind the performance problems.
I often get problems send/receive message. I did not have those problems with the previous version.
I’m thinking about returning to version 6.