Restoring an individual email folder

I have about 12gb of ;email in many different folders. I would like to delete much/most of this email to make things run faster. But I mamay need to restore a particular folder at some point in time. Can I do this or do I need to restore all folders?

Hello Doug,
if you use the backup tool, you will always save and then restore the whole database.
If you want to just save some of your messages elsewhere, you can export these into separate folders and EML files using the export function and remove them from eM Client.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks, Olivia.  How would I then restore those messages?  Can I just import that folder?

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,
you can then just go to File>Import and choose to ‘Import messages from EML files’ where you choose the folder you want to import and the new folder where you want to import these (which can just be a folder from Local folders, so you wont even synchronize them anywhere).

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks again, Olivia.  Everything seems to work except that I only seem to be able to import one folder at a time.  I can export a folder hierarchy but don’t seem to be able to import the same folder hierarchy into a new folder.  Am I missing anything?

Olivia, one more problem.  My wife is also using eMClient and her problem is that when an email contains a link, the link doesn’t work.  When she clicks on the link it takes her to the browser (Mozilla) and an absolutely white page.  It is not opening the link. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
Doug

Hello Doug,
check the ‘Include subfolders’ option during Import.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Doug,
what version of eM Client is she currently using?
Go to Help>About section to find out, please.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks, Olivia.  I think this problem was on the Mozilla side and it seems to have been resolved.  Will let you know if it crops up again.