Restore email losted after imap server change

Hello,
I have the following issue.
I connected EmClient to an IMAP server and SMTP server of our domain. EmClient synced everything: so far so good.

Last week, we changed our hosting provider and I setup new IMAP and SMTP server to EmClient. It synced and ALL old emails were lost…

Unfortunately no backup or export was done. I believed that EmClient would add the new emails to old ones.

Is there any methods to restore them? By the way: old account of old hosting provider is not accesible anymore.

Thanks and regards

Connected EmClient to an IMAP server and SMTP server of our domain. EmClient synced everything: so far so good.

Last week, we changed our hosting provider and I setup new IMAP and SMTP server to EmClient. It synced and ALL old emails were lost.

IMAP server accounts store mail on the server end and not locally in eM Client or any Mail client unless you manually copy that account email locally to eg: (eM Client local folders) at the bottom left. You enable those via “Menu / Settings / General / Show local folders” if not enabled.

You can then copy of drag those local folder messages backup to a new IMAP server account in eM Client if you change IMAP mail servers.

So the only thing I can suggest is if you can possibly reinstate your old IMAP server mailbox, for a short time, then add that IMAP account as a separate mail account temporarily in eM Client.

Then once the old mail is all synced with that temp old IMAP account, drag those messages to your new IMAP account. Then finally once you are certain those old messages are all in your new account, then remove the old IMAP account.

Note: Most domain or isp providors don’t delete the mail when you close and account, so hopefully your previous mailbox providor is one of those where the messages are still there if you reinstated it. So contact your previous tech support staff.