Reset / refresh avatars

Hi there. Is this possible to do?

Thanks

martes 09 mayo 2023 :: 1210hrs (UTC +0100)

The easiest way to keep your avatar “up to date” if you change from time to time is to first register your preferred avatar at:

www.gravatar.com

It is a free service and will ensure that your avatar is displayed correctly wherever an avatar (your) is displayed.
It will probably take a few days for the registration and update to appear.

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Jerez de la Frontera y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

thanks Skybat - my apologies, I did not mean my avatar (and you are 100% right, gravatar’s a great service to usefor that!) I meant the avatar/icons associated with each email in the inbox. Any ideas?

martes 09 mayo 2023 :: 1234hrs (UTC +0100)

As far as I know you have no control over these avatars they are determined by the email account of the sender - if they do not have an avatar it defaults to a letter or the default of the domain.
If someone knows different they will say.

Lo siento

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores deseos desde Jerez de la Frontera y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

thanks skybat. appreciate your input

The avatars are cached in eM Client and only update once every 30 days. So if an avatar for a sender was just recently cached, and then they change their Gravatar for example, it will take a while for eM Client to display the new one.

But you can force an immediate recache.

With eM Client closed just delete the avatar folders in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\eM Client. You may have to enable hidden items in Explorer to get there.

Restart eM Client, and they should start updating.

2 Likes

This is helpful information. Do you happen to know if this is possible for the Mac client? I’ve looked in my user’s Library/Application Support/eM Client folder and there isn’t an Avatar folder inside. Searched the whole hard drive for avatar folders and didn’t find any relating to eM client. Thanks for any suggestions you might offer!
-edited to mention, I’m on Version: 9.2.2041

Yes, it is the ~/Library/Caches/eM Client/ folder.

1 Like

Thank you Gary! That worked great.

Hi, I have deleted that folder, but it only refreshed the avatars of the received e-mail addresses, not the avatars in my own gmail accounts. Any idea about this? Please don’t tell me that I have to remove and add each account to have it refreshed.