RequestEntityTooLarge (Request Entity Too Large)

Hello

Thank you for this simple plain mail client :slight_smile:

I’m a long time hater of Outlook for the obvious reasons (bloated, freezes, long startup etc), so I’m always looking for a replacement :slight_smile:

• Em client is just that and I was happy with this client for some time; I even managed to persuade a colleague!

Lately (a year or two by now) I can’t send emails using em client, using our exchange Server. We have 400 users on the Exchange using Outlook, they have no issues. My colleague also reported same problem.

Fix this: (RequestEntityTooLarge (Request Entity Too Large) and I 'll buy the premium and make sure my colleague tags along too.

This error was very present in version 7 and it’s still the case with 8.
So; you cant have changed a lot; internally.

//cheers

StaceTrace:

07:49:59 Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability 
07:49:59 *@ndi-dk.com Exchange Web Services Sending email
07:49:59 '

@ndi-dk.com Exchange Web Services Sending email
07:50:04 ****@ndi-dk.com [Exchange Web Services] MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Sending email failed due to the following error: Response status code does not indicate success: RequestEntityTooLarge (Request Entity Too Large).
—> Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.EwsHttpWebException: Response status code does not indicate success: RequestEntityTooLarge (Request Entity Too Large).
at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeMailSynchronizer.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken1) at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendInternal()
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Send()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendAllInternal()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendAndReceiveAll()
at MailClient.Program.<>c.b__222_0()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.<>c__DisplayClass82_0.b__0(Object )
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.<>c.<.cctor>b__6_0(QueueUserWorkItemCallback quwi)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunForThreadPoolUnsafe[TState](ExecutionContext executionContext, Action`1 callback, TState& state)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.Execute()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
07:50:04 ****@ndi-dk.com [Exchange Web Services] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.SynchronizeSubfoldersAsync(IFolderSynchronizer synchronizer, Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()

Maybe a Clean uninstall fixed the problem including deleting the local database

Wow. It is not common, but do you realize that you just admitted to a violation of the license policy?

If you have been using eM Client for more than 30 days in your business, you need to purchase a Pro License or uninstall the application. It doesn’t make any difference if you have an issue with the application or not, if you like the application or not, that is the condition you accepted when installing the application.

Ok. let me wiggle out of this one :slight_smile:
Technically; I havn’t REALLY been using it, because I cant send mails. Remember?

Let me rephrase that…
I will not pay for broken software - its that easy :slight_smile:

Then you need to uninstall it - it’s that easy.

And I think it fixed it too. I’m not getting errors; but its been downloading for 15 minutes straight now.

dude :slight_smile: Its not about the money. If it works I buy ten copies… I dont care.
I’m looking for a replacement for Outlook and I’ll do anything.
But; the software needs to work for a full day, before I buy it :slight_smile:

You wouldn’t buy a broken car now, would you?

No, but neither would I take it home and use it for “a year or two” while I decided if I wanted to buy it.

No; but you’d want a test spin and see everything working :slight_smile:

I have not seen this software run for 30 days, let alone one full day.

In the two years period i tried using this, it never worked! Never! But I test now and then, hoping it will.

I really like the simple interface, so I didn’t uninstall right away, hoping the error would disappear. Meanwhile I’m using Outlook like any other sheep.

Are you like this to all potential paying customers, asking for support?

Right, I’d take it for a test drive, but if it didn’t work, I wouldn’t continue driving it around for years.

Whatever the case, it is still a violation of the license policy.

No, I try to encourage everyone to give eM Client a go and see if it works for them. It has for me and that is why as a fellow user, I offer my experience here for those who are finding it difficult trying something new.

Usually my comments to license violators are a little more subtle, but it is something I just don’t like. eM Client gives you a fantastic opportunity to try their product free for 30 days in your business environment. If it doesn’t work for you in that time, and you have not reached out to the community for help, just be honorable and uninstall it. Why violate the license agreement by registering a Free License under false pretenses and continue using the application for years? That does not look like a potential paying customer to anyone regardless of what excuses you make.

And I am sorry if my comments dissuade you from purchasing a Pro License, but we are all just users on this forum, and my comments are my own. I am not a representative of the company.