"Reply all" emails get stuck in Outbox

When replying all, message will not leave outbox and i get this error: 11:02:45 AM     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”

Reply works fine.

Any ideas?

This is the actual error that pops up after a while…  Note the Outbox mail number

Hi Steve, what version of eM Client are you currently using? When the error occurs, can you switch to the Log tab in the operations window and copy the content of the Log and post it here on the forum?
You can possibly just copy the part relevant to the error, it should be visible.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul. The error in the log is the one i first posted: “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”

We are using the latest version per the program update (says we are up to date).

I tried reinstalling and no change, though i didn’t uninstall first.

Can you please tell me the exact version number from Help > About? What mail service are you using?
Are you using firewall/proxy or an antivirus with email protection on your computer?

Thank you,
Paul.

version is 6.0.20648.0

mail service is verizon.net via pop/smtp (incoming.verizon.net port 110/outgoing.verizon.net port 25), security policy is SSL/TLS

using windows 7 built-in firewall, windows defender for spyware, and it appears no virus protection (got to fix that next!)

Hi again Steve, how did you setup the account? Did you use the automatic setup?
Can you try to use the “don’t use secure connection” option under SMTP’s security policy in Tools > Accounts > your problematic account > SMTP?

Thank you,
Paul.

yes, used the automatic setup. just tried the “dont use secure connection” with no luck. here is the error:

and here is the log:

Any ideas?

Hi, the error in the log states the remote connection was “forcibly” closed, this means that the connection is being either dropped by your server or a firewall/proxy or possibly an antivirus with email protection.

But can you please try to change the smtp server address to smtp.verizon.com and use it on port 465 with force usage of SSL/TLS as your security policy?

Thank you,
Paul.