Repetitive Error Message each time I log into eM Client

Hi

Has anyone got a clue why I keep getting this repetitive message constantly when logging into or using eM Client? I’ve possibly done something but whatever it was I’m not doing it constantly, Thank you

[Google Contacts]Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts’ failed due to the following error: Can not remove all contact group memberships. Contact must always be in at least one contact group.

See the following eM Client thread. - Can not remove all contact group memberships.? - eM Client

Hi Cyberzork - I checked out the thread that you sent the link for thankyou, however there are no answers there only questions

Still stuck on this one

Have you tried uninstalling eMC (leaving your database when asked), reinstalling with most current eMC version?

Remove the Gmail account, then add it back again.

Hi
I tried to remove the Gmail account but get a warning that if i do the message says I will lose all folders created in my emclient account

I can’t lose these as too much information there is required

Hi
I tried to remove the Gmail account but get a warning that if i do the message says I will lose all folders created in my emclient account - i don’t get the option to leave my database intact

I can’t lose these folders as too much information there is required

Is there an easy way to update emclient as I cannot find any link under the menu settings?

Thanks

Hi
Re your tip on reading eM client thread

I tried to remove the Gmail account but get a warning that if i do the message says I will lose all folders created in my emclient account - i don’t get the option to leave my database intact

I can’t lose these folders as too much information there is required

Is there an easy way to update emclient as I cannot find any link under the menu settings?

Thanks

The option I suggested was to UNINSTALL (NOT DELETE) eM Client app via Windows. When you decide on that option you should get the option to NOT delete the database.

@Gary suggested the “Remove the Gmail account, then add it back again” so I will let him respond to your hesitation.

Hi Gary

Tried deleting emclient via Windows
The process started but i didn’t get the option to NOT delete the Database, hence I had to Cancel the deletion

@MikeP If you have already setup an IMAP (Non POP) Gmail account (see screenshot below), removing the account (won’t remove) your Gmail folders “under your Gmail account” as they are all in the Gmail mailbox end.

So when you re-add the Gmail account again all your Gmail folders will come back. The mail and folders / labels can take a little time to appear once added as they have to re-cache and update etc in eM Client.

Note:- Before removing / deleting the Gmail account in eM Client, (Make a Backup first) via “Menu / Backup” so you can always restore if need be anytime.

eM Client IMAP Gmail account example

Hi again

I hear what you say, thank you very much, but all of the folders I have created were created within eMClient and not in a Gmail account

Won’t all of these folders disappear (see screenshot) when I delate the Gmail account?

There is too much in them to lose

@MikeP

As all your folders / labels have been created (under your Gmail account) they will all come back (when you re-add an IMAP Gmail account (as in my example screenshots above), as they are (all in Gmail) and not local folders / labels. Its only if you have a POP Gmail account setup / config that you would loose those folders.

Also as prev mentioned before removing any account, make a backup via “Menu / Backup”.

Do you have any mail folders under (Local folders) right at the bottom left ?

Hi again

Thank you

Still haven’t attempted it yet as just ensuring a few things

There are other folders under ‘Local Folders’ but there’s nothing in them
I believe I have an IMAP account as what I delete etc from my phone deletes from computer too and Vice-Versa

I’m hoping that all I need to re add my Gmail account is my user name and password?
I wouldn’t have a clue about all of the other configuration information

As you have nothing under local folders then there is (no emails / messages stored locally) and all your folders / labels are in your IMAP cloud account.

So you just remove your Gmail account (after first backing up) & then re-add your Gmail acct using the (automatic setup wizard) in eM Client.

Yes any changes on a mobile email IMAP app will also reflect on the server / & clients and vica versa.

Hi again

Finally got around to deleting my Gmail account and re-adding it again

All now OK thank you - problem solved and no problems encountered whilst deleting

Many thanks

Mike

1 Like