Repeated Crashing

EM Client crashed when I was deleting old messages. It would not restart and gives the following error:

EM Client has stopped working. An error has occurred in the application that prevent s it from continuing. The application will terminate. It asked for what I was doing, will not restart and repeatedly gives the same error. I selected to show the error and included my email. It gives no option to restore from a backup, so I don’t know what to do next.

What version of eM Client are you running ? Also are you using Windows or Mac and what OS version ?

Thanks for the response.

Mac OS 12.5
eM Client 9.0.1755 (44575e0)

Gary messaged me about it yesterday. I needed to find a solution to get mail, so I had done a reinstall of eM Client and deleted/restored the database and rebuilt from a backup. It appears to be working fine now, so maybe it got corrupted. I think there might not be too much you can do since I destroyed all the evidence :-).

One potentially related question is that eM Client seems to always report that it was not shut down properly when I start it, even though I use “File/Quit” and I don’t just click the Close button. Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks for responding.

Ok great you got it working again.

Yes we also just did the Monterey 12.5 update and also upgraded to the latest official eM Client V9.1.2053 for Mac which just came out yesterday and seems to work fine for me.

So maybe suggest to download the new update and see how that goes. Before upgrading close eM Client.

Also backup first via the dropdown menu along the top in eM Client so you can then restore if any problems after upgrading.

(eM Client for Mac version history page)

https://www.emclient.com/release-history?os=mac

One potentially related question is that eM Client seems to always report that it was not shut down properly when I start it, even though I use “File/Quit” and I don’t just click the Close button. Is there something else I should be doing?

Generally if you are closing eM Client correctly everytime but still getting database checking errors on startup even after rebooting then you normally have some sort of database error.

So the only option then I’ve found to fix that on Windows or Mac is to "Remove and Re-add your account. So if you have an IMAP, Exchange or iCloud account all your emails etc will come back automatically when you re-add your account. The only downside of re-adding your account is eM Client will take time to reread all your emails again till it caches them all locally.

If you have a POP account “before removing your current account” and re-adding again, create a folder called eg: Old Mail down the bottom left in eM Client “Local folders” and then drag all your existing pop mail folder emails under old mail. So create an eg: Inbox sub folder off Old Mail and drag all the current Inbox mail to the same folder etc…Then once you have all your current pop mail safely under Old Mail then “Backup eM Client” via “Menu Backup” as advised above and once backed up d/l the eM Client 9.1 update.