Remove photo/avatar silhouette in Contacts

All my Contacts listing tiles have silhouettes for photos or avatars, which I don’t use. Is there a way to remove or suppress them? Thanks!

Hello, unfortunately silhouettes are displayed when contacts do not have an avatar or a profile picture added or uploaded on the server. It is not possible to suppress these in the application.

Regards,

Hello,

I just wanted to check back about this issue. Is there still no setting to remove avatars? I find it very distracting in conversation threads.

Thanks,
-Steve

Hmmm just evaluating this product for work ,and see the lack of response to some of these issues.
We wont use it if we cant hide avatars/monograms - dont care if it needs a regiostry hack, but they have to go!

Well, it seems like a strange requirement, but you can turn them off if you really want to.

Just clear both options in settings.

thanks - I already found that - but when I uncheck these I get a horrible gray profile type circle.
Thats what I am trying to get rid of.

Maybe it’s not such a big deal after all.
Outlook 365 people manager has something like, and we can’t remove that.
A third check box “hide avatar/monogram” would do it though.
2 lines of code?

Many thanks
Martin

I definitely find the silhouette completely pointless. That is why I keep both avatar options selected, and I guess now it has become normal for me to see them there. Is that the lesser of two evils? Maybe. :slight_smile:

All of these are pointless and distracting!  I tried unchecking both boxes and got the same gray circle that Martin did.  These worthless distracting icons need to go.  They were not in the previous version!
I also notice I was assigned some random noise for this entry.  It took a little doing, but now that is gone like the avatars and initials need to be in eM Client.
Along that line, can I assign my own blank space intstead of the “avatar” or initials?