Remove Inbox Signature Icons

The eM Clients update now includes signature icons next to incoming emails. Anyone know how to remove them?

Are you referring to the icon in the message list?

If you mean the round circular icon on the left of your emails, that is the Avatar profile contact icon for the “Sender” which was enabled automatically in V9 to make it easier to see who the sender is straight away. Alot of sender’s now also have their own custom Gravatar global profile icons which eM Client now supports too.

However If you don’t like the large Avatar round profile icon size showing you can either reduce it half size now via option in “Menu / Settings” or remove it altogether from the inbox Column.

To remove it showing from the Inbox column list, just right click on the column header row of the list at the top, (the same row that includes sorted by and select) choose Column configuration and remove avatar.

1 Like

I was very shocked to see this (and the “preview” column, as well) but was relieved that they could be turned off and then applied to all folders. Still, while I know it’s fashionable for email clients to do that, I have never understood why… in my view these kinds of icons badly clutter up the visual interface of email.

Thank you for not making this a mandatory setting. A number of the new upgrades look cool, but I’m sure there will be many threads in the coming days about “OH GOD WHY DID YOU DO THIS HOW DO I CHANGE IT BACK” and that’s the way of things.

Heh, I’m about to start a thread like that about the “from” drop-down now being a series of weird nested sub-menus.

1 Like