Remove from server when deleted from "Deleted" folder

I download all my emails from all my accounts with POP3. I would like to delete from the server if I have deleted/emptied Trash but leave everything else on the server.

I notice in the POP tab of the accounts an option to remove from server when deleted from Deleted folder. I’m not sure that a “Deleted” folder is. Any one know that is?

So far my tests have shown that emptying Trash does not delete from server.

Hi,
yes you can either check the “Remove from server when deleted from “Deleted” folder” option, which should delete the emails.
Or you can use IMAP for synchronizing emails with the server, by using IMAP or your folders will be synchronized so what’s in the inbox will be in the inbox on the server, what’s in trash will be in trash.
As well as what you delete will be deleted from the server.

If you’re having any more issues, let us know.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks for the reply, but although I have that option checked, any email I’ve deleted from my Trash (or even a folder I created “Deleted”) does not delete from the server.

I’m doing all this with POP3.

Thanks.

Hi,
what email service are you using?

Thank you,
Paul.

I just checked again and the messages have been deleted on at least two of the services I use.

I’ll continue to monitor for awhile but it looks like I was wrong and that does delete.

Thanks.

Hi,
I’ve been able to replicate your issue on Gmail, however gmail keeps recent emails in inbox and the behavior of POP3 server is very specific unlike to other service providers.

Thank you for checking into it.
Paul.

I recently changed my Gmail web settings to include the Promotions tab. While I did not have any email in my Inbox I did have 2 in Promotions and when I emptied trash and checked mail in eM those two were deleted in the web mail.

I think the problem I had in Gmail was with some inbox emails. I also thought I had problems in Yahoo and Outlook.com but not today.

Hi, I’m really sorry for the late reply,
did you figure out what’s causing this or are you still experiencing the issue?

Thank you, sorry about this,
Paul.

Thank you for following up.

eM is deleting correctly and there is no longer an issue.

That’s great news! Glad it works, if you have any other issue check back with us here.

Thank you,
Paul.