Reminders from calendar keep popping up even after dismissing and it crashes the whole eM Client

Reminders from calendar keep popping up even after dismissing or changing the snooze time. I have even changed the settings to no reminder at all, but it doesn’t help. When I try to postpone or dismiss the reminder the whole application shuts down. The old reminders keep on appearing and there’re still new ones coming in as my calendar is full of meetings and appointments.

I really need to solve this somehow. Thanks for your help! 

I’m currently using eM Client: 7.0.27943.0

I have the same problem using eM Client 7.1.30508.0

Hello, I’m also having this problem. It is extremely annoying. Please someone post a fix! I’m using the latest windows emclient version.

Thank you

I am getting same or similar error. I am using version 7, and just updated to 7.1.30794.0   , but I have held of installing the past 3 or 4 version 7 updates.  

As soon as I start up eM Client, my normal reminders window pops up (I have a lot of old reminder I have not dismissed) . Mouse arrow turns to the circular windows ‘working…’  icon and stays that way.   If I click on either eM Client window or reminders window, the screen whites out a little to indicate the application is not responding.  (windows 7 Pro). 

I have also tried a repair installation from control panel.  nothing happens.   I also downloaded latest version again and tried to run the a repair installation , which crashes after 30 seconds, with an error message “The specified account already exists”.

Any help / advice would be much appreciated. 

I have this problem, too, as originally posted by Monika.  Using version 7.1.31849.0.  I noted a similar problem was considered solved 12 months ago, and that it would be fixed in a new update, but it has only just started occuring for me, and there are no new updates available so far as I can tell. 

Help!

The latest update 7.1.32088.0, released on January 26, is available to download at http://www.emclient.com/release-history.

Thanks for this.  I’ve now updated to 7.1.32088.0.  The problem remains.  To be specific:
Reminders from calendar keep popping up even after dismissing or changing the snooze time. I have even changed the settings to no reminder at all, but it doesn’t help. When I try to postpone or dismiss the reminder the whole application shuts down. The old reminders keep on appearing and there’re still new ones coming in as my calendar is full of meetings and appointments.

I can’t really go on using eM if this doesn’t go away!  Any help gratefully received.

I don’t really have a solution for this, I was just noting that there was a newer version than what you were using.

But I was just thinking that if this is a synced calendar, you could remove it from eM Client, then add it again. It may be that the cached data is corrupted in some way.

Thanks, Gary.  I appreciated being able to update.  Removing the calendar and adding it seemed like a good idea, too, but no luck!

If you have a Pro License, you could open a support ticket for this. By looking at your diagnostic logs the developers might be able to determine where the problem is and how to fix it.

I encountered a similar behavior today again and opened a support ticket for it. Let’s see what the experts find out.

Cheers, Lars.  Would be great to hear if they find you a fix!

Managed to fix this.  It was simple once I’d figure out the right recipe to get me where I needed to go:
Open calendar
In the left side where it says calendar was my email address next to the colour which it uses for my calendar events.
Right click my email address and choose ‘Properties’
In the pop up choose the ‘repair’ tab and then click ‘repair’.  This resynched the local cache, apparently, in a way that it clearly wasn’t doing automatically, and it’s fixed.

I’ve spelled it out because when people say to me ‘click email address and resynch the local cache’ I generally have no idea where to start!

1 Like

That does the same as removing the calendar account from eM Client, then adding it again.

But glad you got is sorted Duncan.

I thought maybe that was so, Gary.  I don’t think I ever figured out properly how to remove the calendar account.  Your advice was really helpful!

My bad. I assume everyone knows how to do these things. But you found the quicker method, and it worked for you. :slight_smile:

For anyone who may want to know how to remove an account from eM Client, that is done through the account settings. You will find it in Menu > Tools > Accounts. On the left of the account window you will see each account you have setup. Under the account name is listed the services that are installed for that account. So it might have Mail, Calendar, Contacts, as is usual with something like GMail. You want to delete that account by clicking on the bin icon to the right of the account name.

To add an account, click on the + in the bottom left of the same window.