Reminder on mail

When can we have ‘Reminder on a mail’?

There is already such a feature.

Right-click on the message and choose Snooze.
Once the snooze time has elapsed the message will appear as a new message in your Inbox again at the top of the list. When you dismiss the snooze, it will return to its original position in the message list.

You can also create a task or meeting from the message, if you want it to appear in your calendar.

Hi! I have a question about this feature. I’m not sure if I’m just reading the documentation wrong or if something doesn’t work correctly for me.

When I read an email and then snooze it, it will be marked as read when it reappears at the set time. Is this by design, or is this a bug? Because I would really like for it to be marked as “unread” to stand out more, otherwise it will just get lost. Of course, I could set it to unread before snoozing it, but that’s an extra step that’s a bit of a hassle.

Yes, if the message is already read when you snooze it, that won’t change.

When the snooze time arrives, it will appear back in your Inbox, and you will get a new message notification as well depending on your notification settings. It will be at the top of the message list, in a slot of the snoozed time, and not at its original time it was received. So it is displayed differently from other messages, the time will be in a different colour to the other messages, and it will have a snoozed icon as well, until you unsnooze it.

If you don’t want messages to be marked as read when you read them, you can change the setting in Menu > Settings > Mail > Read.

Thanks for the quick reply!

As a former Outlook user, I’m coming in with the experience from that program, and the equivalent function there would mark the email as unread when it reappeared at the top of my inbox. I did like that because it just makes the email stand out there more. An example would be when I get back to my computer after a meeting and I have a bunch of new emails that have come in, as well as a snoozed email. With the snoozed email being marked as read, I might overlook it more easily, because I would attribute the notification to actual new emails. The colored time is just not as prominent, and it’s not a place where I tend to pay much attention to.

Perhaps I use this function differently from other people. I would never snooze an email I haven’t read first. A more likely scenario for my use-case is that I read an email, decide that it’s not super urgent and I would rather finish up what I’ve been doing, and use the snooze function to remind to me to take of this/reply at a later time. (In case it was really urgent I would stop what I was doing and reply right away).

Ideally, there would be a setting, where I could choose to mark an email as unread while snoozing because I do understand that not everyone would want it that way. Otherwise, I guess I have to re-train my habits to pay attention to the orange time stamp…