Reinstal issue - help

Hello,

I have a big problem to reinstall eM Client (lifetime license).
The software did not close properly earlier. This happens from time to time, and the only way to get out of it is to uninstall completely (with deletion of the database) and reinstall by restoring my last automatic backup.

So I loaded the latest version (which was already installed) but no matter in which directory I load the *.msi file, I get this message, and I can’t go further in the installation.

Sans titre 1

I don’t understand where the problem comes from, since of course I put the installation file on my D drive locally. Same problem if I put the file on my C: drive.

(If my screenshot doesn’t appear, there is the error message :

““The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package in the box below””

… and I can point to the local directory where the *.msi file is located, the message is always the same…

Help;-)

If you are comfortable executing these steps, give this a try:

NOTE: In step #2 you have the option to delete the database or not… I leave that option up to you.

(1) Delete any installation files you have downloaded.
(2) Uninstall eM Client, making sure to NOT delete your database directory when asked. This will ensure your settings and data remain in place. If you do not want
(3) If it exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client
(4) Download and install the latest version from here
(5) The latest version of eM Client should then start.

Hi…
Thanks for your answers…
I’had done all this before, and and didn’t helped…

Looking the other posts in the forum, I saw that it could be a Windows OS issue
So I’ve restored my computer with a 2 days old restauration point, and now I can reinstall it without problem…

Thanks for your quick answer anyway :slight_smile:

Joëlle