regret last upgrading

Today I have updraded to the last free version and I regretted. I have lost some mails and I don’t like the new design, everything is messier than before. Is it possible to get back everything I had yesterday in the version 6? 

me either i don’t like the new look. Is not efficient to use. The search box and the buttons from top is not handy.
I want a rollback to the old version.

I forgot to say that I tried to set up the older free version (6) after deleting the new one. Everything went well until the end, when it came the “eM Client databascontrol”. Then I received a message that it was not possible to reinstall the older version in my computer and they recommended me to update to the new version in order to solve the problem.

Hello,
could you share the exact error message that popped up when you tried to downgrade to eM Client 6?

Regards,
Olivia

I translate the message that popped up when I tried to downgrade to eM Client 6:

"The program could not be started because the database on this computer has been changed by a newer version of this program.

You can rectify this situation by updating the program using the button below, or manually install the newer version."

And also, at the eM database control: “Looking for inconsistent data … failed”

The same thing happened to me today. However, the version 7 installation created a restore point, and I could restore Windows and revive the much more usable em Client version 6. It seems like they made version 7 to be used with mobile devices rather than desktops.

I’m in the same situation. Upgraded last night. Now can’t add any events to the calendar. I type it all out, it shows up for about 1 second, then it disappears. Rolling back to v. 6 (if it works).

Hello Anna,
what calendar account do you experience this issue with?
If it’s a Microsoft account you need to set it up as Exchange, downgrading will not resolve this.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello,
this message means you removed your previous version database.
There is no data to load the v6 data from.

You can go to C:\Users%windows user account%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client
Remove the database (and all your local data and settings for eM Client).
Start over with whichever version you wish from scratch.

If you have any local data I do suggest using v7 to export them first.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello,
eM Client is a desktop application only.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you for your reply. I could install the older version 6. It works but there is a problem with the contacts. I have 2 gmail accounts but now I don’t have any contacts at all at em Client. I get this message:
“Operations:
Errors:
An error occurred
Synchronization of folder … @ gmail.com/Contacts/ failed with an error: Execution of authentification request returned unexpected result: 404 ()”

Moreover, the Search function doesn’t work as well as before. I don’t know why.

Hello,
can you copy the content of the Log tab in the third tab of Operations window next time the error pops up?

13:02:06 Onlineläge: ändrades till online med anledning NetworkAvailability

13:02:08 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen [email protected]/

13:02:08 [email protected][GData]  Synkroniserar mapplista

13:02:09   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synkronisering av mapplista misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 ()

13:02:09    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGdataCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:09    vid MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:09 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen [email protected]/

13:02:09 [email protected][GData]  Synkroniserar mapplista

13:02:10   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synkronisering av mapplista misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 ()

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGdataCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:10 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: Klar

13:02:10 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:02:10   MailExceptions.OperationException: Upptäckt av standard uppgiftslista misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 —> Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404

13:02:10    vid Google.GData.Client.Utilities.getAuthException(TokenCollection tokens, HttpWebResponse response)

13:02:10    vid Google.GData.Client.Utilities.QueryClientLoginToken(GDataCredentials gc, String serviceName, String applicationName, Boolean fUseKeepAlive, IWebProxy proxyServer, Uri clientLoginHandler)

13:02:10    vid Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.EnsureClientLoginCredentials(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:10    vid Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.Request.CreateWebRequest(Action`1 onRequestReady, AsyncExecutionState asyncState)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.Request.ExecuteRequestAsync(Action`1 responseHandler)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.GetAsyncResponse(Action1 responseHandler)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.BeginFetchInternal(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Func2 fetchFunction)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest`1.BeginFetch(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.FetchHelper.FetchWithCancellation[T](ServiceRequest`1 request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.TaskFolderSynchronizer.b__0(WorkerStatus
workerStatus, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:10    — Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag —

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:10   MailExceptions.OperationException: Upptäckt av standard uppgiftslista misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 —> Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404

13:02:10    vid Google.GData.Client.Utilities.getAuthException(TokenCollection tokens, HttpWebResponse response)

13:02:10    vid Google.GData.Client.Utilities.QueryClientLoginToken(GDataCredentials gc, String serviceName, String applicationName, Boolean fUseKeepAlive, IWebProxy proxyServer, Uri clientLoginHandler)

13:02:10    vid Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.EnsureClientLoginCredentials(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:10    vid Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.Request.CreateWebRequest(Action`1 onRequestReady, AsyncExecutionState asyncState)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.Request.ExecuteRequestAsync(Action`1 responseHandler)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.GetAsyncResponse(Action1 responseHandler)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.BeginFetchInternal(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Func2 fetchFunction)

13:02:10    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest`1.BeginFetch(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.FetchHelper.FetchWithCancellation[T](ServiceRequest`1 request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.TaskFolderSynchronizer.b__0(WorkerStatus

13:02:10 [email protected][GData]  Synkroniserar mapplista

13:02:10 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen [email protected]/2016

13:02:10   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synkronisering av mapplista misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 —> Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.TaskFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__0(WorkerStatus
status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:10   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synkronisering av mapplista misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 —> Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.TaskFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__0(WorkerStatus

13:02:10 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen [email protected]/CAST

13:02:10 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen [email protected]/[Gmail]

13:02:10   MailExceptions.OperationException: Upptäckt av standardkalender misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 —> Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarFolderSynchronizer.b__0(WorkerStatus

13:02:10   MailExceptions.OperationException: Upptäckt av standardkalender misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 —> Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404

13:02:10    vid Google.GData.Client.Utilities.getAuthException(TokenCollection tokens, HttpWebResponse response)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarFolderSynchronizer.b__0(WorkerStatus

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:10 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen [email protected]/[Gmail]/Papperskorgen

13:02:10   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synkronisering av mapplista misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 ()

13:02:10    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGdataCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:10 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelanden: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:02:11   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synkronisering av mapplista misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 —> Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404

13:02:11    vid Google.GData.Client.Utilities.getAuthException(TokenCollection tokens, HttpWebResponse response)

13:02:11    vid Google.GData.Client.Utilities.QueryClientLoginToken(GDataCredentials gc, String serviceName, String applicationName, Boolean fUseKeepAlive, IWebProxy proxyServer, Uri clientLoginHandler)

13:02:11    vid Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.EnsureClientLoginCredentials(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:11    vid Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.Request.CreateWebRequest(Action`1 onRequestReady, AsyncExecutionState asyncState)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.Request.ExecuteRequestAsync(Action`1 responseHandler)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.GetAsyncResponse(Action1 responseHandler)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.BeginFetchInternal(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Func2 fetchFunction)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest`1.BeginFetch(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.FetchHelper.FetchWithCancellation[T](ServiceRequest`1 request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__0(WorkerStatus

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:11    — Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag —

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:11 [email protected][GData]  Synkroniserar mapp ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’

13:02:11   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synkronisering av mapplista misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 —> Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404

13:02:11    vid Google.GData.Client.Utilities.getAuthException(TokenCollection tokens, HttpWebResponse response)

13:02:11    vid Google.GData.Client.Utilities.QueryClientLoginToken(GDataCredentials gc, String serviceName, String applicationName, Boolean fUseKeepAlive, IWebProxy proxyServer, Uri clientLoginHandler)

13:02:11    vid Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.EnsureClientLoginCredentials(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:11    vid Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.Request.CreateWebRequest(Action`1 onRequestReady, AsyncExecutionState asyncState)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.Request.ExecuteRequestAsync(Action`1 responseHandler)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.GetAsyncResponse(Action1 responseHandler)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.BeginFetchInternal(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Func2 fetchFunction)

13:02:11    vid Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest`1.BeginFetch(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.FetchHelper.FetchWithCancellation[T](ServiceRequest`1 request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__0(WorkerStatus

13:02:11    — Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag —

13:02:11 [email protected][GData]  Synkroniserar mapp ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’

13:02:11   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synkronisering av mapp ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’ misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 ()

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGdataCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:11   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synkronisering av mapp ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’ misslyckades med ett fel: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 404 ()

13:02:11    vid MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGdataCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

13:02:11 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: Klar

13:02:11 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:02:12 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelanden: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:02:12 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: Klar

13:02:12 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: För mappen [email protected]/[Gmail]

13:02:12 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelanden: Klar

13:02:12 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar undermappar: Klar

13:02:12 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelanden: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:02:12 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelanden: Klar

13:02:39 [email protected][IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…

13:02:39 [email protected][IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…: Klar

13:02:39 [email protected][IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…

13:02:39 [email protected][IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…: Klar

13:02:44 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:02:45 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: Klar

13:02:47 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden

13:02:47 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden: Från Inbox till [Gmail]/Papperskorgen

13:02:47 [email protected][IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…

13:02:48 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden: Klar

13:02:48 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:02:48 [email protected][IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…: Klar

13:02:48 [email protected][IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…

13:02:48 [email protected][IMAP]  Hämtar meddelandedel…: Klar

13:02:48 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: Klar

13:02:53 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:02:53 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: Klar

13:03:27 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden

13:03:27 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden: Från Inbox till [Gmail]/Papperskorgen

13:03:28 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden: Klar

13:03:28 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:03:28 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: Klar

13:03:38 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden

13:03:38 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden: Från Inbox till [Gmail]/Papperskorgen

13:03:39 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden: Klar

13:03:39 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:03:39 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: Klar

13:03:42 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden

13:03:42 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden: Från Inbox till [Gmail]/Papperskorgen

13:03:42 [email protected][IMAP]  Kopierar meddelanden: Klar

13:03:42 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: För mappen [email protected]/Inbox

13:03:42 [email protected][IMAP]  Synkroniserar meddelandeflaggor: Klar

You say that but it looks like your developers are working on mobiles rather than desktops with proper sized screens.  Not sure how else you explain the stupid control placement and hiding menus to “save space”.  I have a 1440p monitor, I don’t need to “save space”.

I would appreciate your answer (em Client). I sent you the log you asked me a month ago but I didn’t receive reply. Do you need a translation of it? Have you some suggestion to solve the problem?