Recurring Events with emClient 6.0.24432.0 on SBS Server 2011 -> duplicating without end at the same day and time

We are using emClient 6.0.24432.0 together with the Exchange Server on an SBS 2011.

We just migrating from the open source groupware server “Kolab” (Linux) because emClient ist not working with this server without errors. The Kolab people tell it is because emClient uses X-Attributes in the DAV protocoll that are Microsoft specific. And they not plan to build a non standard conform special Microsoft version only because emClient using Microsoft specific things. As a customer, we need give up. So, we migrate back to Exchange Server. But now we get ALSO problems between emClient and Exchange. It duplicates recurring events without end at the same day and time. All other things like normal events, tasks, addresses working fine. Also working fine together with iPhone etc.

So we have only the problem with the recurring events that the cannot be used. And this is a serious problem if one event growing without end in a loop. We get the idea, that the duplication always starting if the sync process is running. So, each 3 minutes for the sync interval it creates  new event of this recurring one. Seams to depend on the sync process.

There is nobody outside who can explain me why we get all recurring events again and again at the same date and time although we have the newest version installed.

Somebody who can explain where in can look for a solution like in log file etc.?

Hello Paschi,
you can turn on logging in Tools>Settings>Advanced and check the Exchange Services logs for the affected account, please.
Restart eM Client and when another event gets duplicated, go back to the advanced settings and click ‘Send logs’.
Change the recipient to [email protected], and put the name of the duplicated event and link to this forum post in the body of the message, please.

Regards,
Olivia

I just send the log!

I had the same problem and had to go back to Outlook because of it. If it can be resolved, I would like to use em client again.

Olivia Rust, you alredy got the LOG and found something?

Hello Paschi,
unfortunately I cannot locate any message with your logs. Did you change the recipient to [email protected]? Could you resend the email with a link to this forum please?

Regards,
Olivia

Send 2nd time. Still not got the log files?

Hi Paschi,
I located your message now (at least one of them), but you did not include the link to your forum topic, which makes it difficult to locate the original information about the problem.
I’ll get back to you when we analyze the logs.

Regards,
Olivia