Recovering email account from crashed computer

I would like to recover the account database from a laptop that recently died.  I am able to access the old disk drive from my new computer.
I tried importing from user/rhermes/appdata/roaming/em client, but I get an invalid version message. 

Running ver 7 on the new computer, was running version 7 on the old laptop.
How do I get the data off the old laptop (primarily local files) and where are they located?

Thank You
Randy Hermes

You can copy the entire c:\users[user_name]\AppData\roaming\em Client to the new computer and replace the one created on the new computer.

1 Like

Thanks Jay - worked great!

I agree with Jay’s advice – the simplest way to copy your data, in this case, is to simply copy the entire virtual disk. It’s good that you have such a possibility because sometimes the computer crashes drastically and you can’t even manage to copy something. Especially if the reason for the crash was the HDD. If HDD’s dead or is on its deathbed, it’s much worse. You might not be able to recover the information without special assistance. Some companies provide a data recovery service, and you can go ask them for assistance. This would be a good decision.

I agree with Jay’s advice – the simplest way to copy your data, in this case, is to simply copy the entire virtual disk

Yes good advise by @Jay_Ogram . Alt you can also manually copy the eM Client backup.zip files via “Menu / Backup” if you do those regularly or eM Client backup.zip files via the automatic periodic backup via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” . Either way as long as the computer disk is not corrupted in those areas you should normally have no problems getting the database back again.