Recommended IMAP & SMTP settings not working

Hi Gary,

OK, I’ve tried all your suggestions & still have my original issue of not being able to send or receive emails. Just so you know, since the transfer to my new computer, I have been able, with some difficulty I might add, to get back all my email folders & messages as well as my contacts! It took a lot of time, but is now done! All I need now to get back to normal is to resolve my email issue. You should also know when I go to: Menu>Settings>Signing and Encryption>Account Policies, I get under All Accounts, “No valid certificate/key found on this account”. Note also that on my opening screen, I get a red triangle message that says “Unexpected end of stream. (SMTP) an attempt to connect to [email protected] failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.” You should also know that I use AOL Mail as a backup & I can send & receive emails on it! I use my same email address but with a different password. I’m at wit’s end here but welcome any suggestions that will return my eM Client access again!

Bill

Gary,

Did not hear back from you on the above post but I attempted to try something else with surprising results! I tried adding a “New Folder” & received an error message saying that “Unable to create folder because the account is currently offline.” Now I went back & found in Jan 2021 you responded to another person re the similar problem but I didn’t find a solution. I do not understand how I could be “offline” when I’m looking right at my eM Client on my screen! Anyway, if I’m “offline”, how do I get back “on-line”?

Bill

viernes 19 enero 2024 :: 1732hrs (UTC +0100)

To enable Offline mode from within the application simply navigate to:
Menu > File > Work Offline.

To get back Online click the Menu > File > Work Offline option again.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

OK, but when I tried to add a folder again, the “Work Offline” was not checked but it said it was still offline! Suggestions, please!

viernes 19 enero 2024 :: 1831hrs (UTC +0100)

If you have not done so, exit and restart eMC.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

[email protected]

Did that! Restarted and it still says “account offline”!

Also looked in:
Menu>Settings>Signing and Inscription>Account Policies and saw this
“No valid certificate/key found for this account”. Maybe this helps a bit!

viernes 19 enero 2024 :: 2018hrs (UTC +0100)

It is unlikely that will be an issue.
So I am sorry I can not help you any more and suggest you that you raise a ticket with VIP support, if you do not have this or it has expired you can pay for an extension here:
EXTEND VIP SUPPORT

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

[email protected]

Wife was using the eM client (free version), on a NB with Win7, until it crashed and stopped receiving and sending mails. I tried to fix it again by setting the recommended parameters from the provider:
POP3: server [email protected] - 995, SMTP: [email protected] - 465, both with SSL/TLS if available.
Result: eM fixed POP3 - but with [email protected] - 110, while I am already receiving mail.
But sending failed to start, I tried different combinations and still nothing, unable to connect to the server and the fixes fail. I stopped AVG, restarted,…didn’t help.

Can someone please advise me ?

These are the port and security policy combinations:

SMTP
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available

POP3
Port 995 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 110 = Use SSL/TLS if available

If SMTP is still not working, disable the AVG Mail Shield and try again.

1 Like

Thanks Gary, I will try to set it up so.
My question is about POP3, too - is it OK the eM Client corrected the name of server from pop3.slovanet.sk to smtp.slovanet.sk (however it is working) ?
By SMTP for outgoing mails, SSL/TLS on special port (legacy) does not work at all, testing stops
immediately and repair is not successfull. Thanks

For POP3 use pop3.slovanet.sk
For SMTP use smtp.slovanet.sk

If sending doesn’t work for one SMTP port, try another.

I checked and all three ports are open on that server. So if it doesn’t work for any port, completely disable AVG then try again.