Receiving messages

I’m trying to put aside Outlook as PC app.
Was looking for a pst app compatible and found this eMclient.
Very interesting.
But after a lot of time trying to set it up I can’t receive messages.
First the problem was with SMTP configuration but after that, with all diagnostics ok (both accounts, Outlook and Gmail ones on POP3) I can’t receive messages.
Why?
I can see them in online apps and on Outlook, but eMclient don’t receive one.
Even messages sent from eMclient!
Assistance pls.

You can no longer use POP3 with Gmail accounts. Please see: Google ‘less secure apps’ access and what it means for eM Client | eM Client

I have POP set on Outlook PC and on Android.
Also address in @Outlook.
Works everywhere except eMclient which only sends, not receiving.
For some reason in eM diagnostics it changes POP door from 995 to 110 to be on the green but then don’t receive.

I have a POP set on Outlook PC and on Android. Also address in @Outlook.
Works everywhere except eMclient which only sends, not receiving

You need to change to IMAP as per Googles new POP policy from May 2022 as @Gary advised in the link above.

Microsoft also want Outlook peeps to move to IMAP or Exchange accounts from old POP accounts.

Both companies are doing that for security reasons

I’ve personally did that years ago for all my old Outlook, Gmail and other ISP POP accounts and moved all the existing pop mail into the matching IMAP accounts in eM Client.

You basically just readd your same mail accounts via the automatic email wizard for Outlook and Gmail and once setup in eM Client drag all your existing POP mail to the new matching IMAP account folders.

Then once all your existing POP mail is safely in your new Outlook and Gmail IMAP accounts then you can delete your old POP accounts.

Note Before doing anything though backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup”. You can see when the backup has finished via “Menu / Operations”.