Receiving messages is erratic

Hi,
I’m currently running v8.2.1509.0 and have one Plusnet IMAP account configured.
During the course of a day I see multiple messages saying ‘error occurred (imap) message repeatedly failed to upload’ with a red triangle in the top right hand corner. Last week eM Client didn’t download 17 new messages which I only found out about by logging into Plusnet’s webmail.

So far I have tried:
Confirmed my Plusnet credentials are correct by loggin into their webmail.
Removed and re-added the email account from eM Client.
Confirmed the imap folders prefix are set to INBOX.

Does anyone have any ideas?

You could try stopping the anti-virus and VPN apps OR it could be Plusnet being unreliable (throwing fits every once in awhile) :wink:

sábado 04 septiembre 2021 :: 1711hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @thcsreehcrgsdg

You are not alone with PlusNet issues; @MailIt2me has unresolved issues them, mabe you could compare notes.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately I’ve already tried that.

Thank you for replying. I will update this thread if there is any news.

lunes 06 septiembre 2021 :: 1721hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @thcsreehcrgsdg

This morning I spoke with a client in Edinburgh and he also had a bad experience with PlusNet
as their ISP, and they also use eMC.
He says that PlusNet is a subsidiary of British Telecom. When they changed their ISP to
British Telecom all their issues went immediately. They now also have a 1Gb connection and
a lot of guarantees. British Telecom also have UK based support call centers.
Perhaps you should give them a call, I do not know what sort of contract terms you have
in the UK with ISP companies, here it is easy because we have roaming agreements.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

Just posting to see if any of the issues have been resolved? I have got nowhere and consequently, I can’t use eMC as the client on my laptop. Plusnet’s contribution is to re-affirm their server/port settings as on their website and point me towards their clunky webmail. eMC won’t work on my desktop either which has a different AV set up so it sort of rules that out as a cause.

I can send emails but none downloads from my ISP’s webmail.