receiving email but cannot send

receiving email but cannot send it just stays in outbox - using windows defender and I’ve checked the firewall - it was okay until I updated to 7

Is your smtp configuration OK ?

I think so, my ISP says to use 587 - I’ve got force use of SSL set and use these credentials - when I open diagnostics, it says ISP not responding - I must have done something wrong somewhere

Hello Tracie,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Do I understand correctly that you have already tried disabling the antivirus and the firewall and it didn’t help? Do you get an error message of some kind? If that is the case, could you please enclose a screenshot of the error, open the third tab in the same window as the error titled ‘Log’ and copy its content here? (For fast copying, pressing Ctrl+A will select everything). What version of eM Client are you using (Menu -> Help ->About)?

Thank you,
Maurice

Yes, I tried disabling antivirus and the firewall, added emclient as an exception as well, it does not help - I don’t get an error message at all - I simply cannot get the send mail to leave the outbox even replying to it doesn’t help - This the only item in the outbox - I am using eM Client 7.0.27943.0

Check SMTP configuration, if it passes test

No, I already said, it does not.

No, it does not.- See my answer to your previous question.

Hello Tracie,

Thanks for the additional information. It could be that there’s some problem with the e-mail in the Outbox and it’s blocking all of the other e-mails from being sent. Could you please try deleting the item in the Outbox? We would also ask you for the content of the third tab called ‘Log’ in the Menu -> Tools -> Operations window.

Thank you,
Maurice

Thanks Maurice - Started with empty outbox, still won’t send tho’

Until your smtp configuration doen’t pass test, don’t expect sending

Hello Tracie,

Thank you for trying. Could you please post the content of the third tab called ‘Log’ in the Menu -> Tools -> Operations window?

Thank you,
Maurice

thank you for your help Maurice - I’ve finally figured the problem tho’ - I have to close my vpn to be able to send!

Hello Tracie,

We’re glad to hear this issue has been resolved, thank you for sharing the solution with everybody.

Regards,
Maurice