Receivement of mails unreliable Imap Port 143, strato.de

Since some days, my emclient sometimes doesn’t receive Emails from a certain mail account (strato.de) with IMAP on Port 143, only with days in delay. My other mail clients (android smartphone or outlook) are receiving without problems. It’s the same account which I had problems with sending mails and for that the emclient support recommended the workaround to use “%” in the username instead of “@”. (https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…)

Does someone currently have similar kind of problems? Any idea to solve it?

Thank you

This is already fixed in our internal version - contact me at [email protected] so I can send you a link for download.

Thank you George, for support,
yesterday everything was fine. Today for approx. 2 hrs again the same problem, lots of mails in my account, I can see them on my smartphone, also in Outlook, after starting it for testing, but not in emclient. The header of some mails arrived, but not the message, others appeared 2 hours later than in the smartphone or in Outlook.

Any ideas? Any others with similiar problems out there?

I’m feeling a strong tension to move back to MS Outlook, would be sad, but I need more reliability that emclient currently is offering for me.

Right now, still only the headers of 10 new messages are visible in emclient. Should I send the logs to your emailadress George? Sometimes Red triangle with exclamation mark at the account sometimes not, right now it is trying to fetch the messages, but nothing is coming. Emclient lost connection to the account!? I can’t work like this, time is money, I need a reliable mailclient. Emclient is not doing this.

Oh good, how can I get all the messages out of emclient to migrate to Outlook, if this is going on.

Send us your IMAP logs please - it will help us to find the cause of the problem. Thank you.

@Dirk Scharmer:
I have the same problem with Outlook 2013 for some days. No problem on my smartphone, but a delay in Outlook 2013. That’s why I think it could be a strato.de problem…

@ Hans Hansen: Thank you for sharing your experience.

It is still not working reliable. Outlook and android smartphone are allways working perfectly. Emclient only has headers of the messages. Because of that I would say it must be emclient or at least both, but not only strato. Meanwhile I guess spent a whole day on this problem and I think I’ll leave emclient soon. Can not work with that.

The same happens to me…

I use the Demo of version 6 with two mail accounts from the same server.
The one working properly and the second gives me this error in the log :

8:52:44 πμ (Connection terminated)
8:52:44 πμ at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response)
8:52:44 πμ at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.FetchNewMessages(ConnectionContext context, String selectPath, UInt32 idLow, UInt32 idHigh, String idList, Boolean useUid, UInt32 messageCountEstimate)
8:52:44 πμ at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
8:52:44 πμ at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

PS: Accessing the two accounts from webmail …is everything ok !

Hi, can you tell me what provider do you use?

Jan

Our own mail server with MailEnable 7.0 and SMPT & IMAP