Received the following errors trying to restore email database.

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): disk I/O error
disk I/O error
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at MailClient.Storage.Data.DataStore.GetConnectionInternal(String relativeName)
   at DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption(RepairOptions repairOptions, CancellationToken token)
   at DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
SQLiteCommandText: PRAGMA synchronous=Normal
databaseFile: settings.dat

Hello David,

This seems that your database file is corrupted. The problematic file is: settings.dat.
I’d recommend starting eM Client with a new database and configure the account again. If your data is stored on the server, everything will be pulled to the program.

Russel

I have the same problem, database corrupted. I have started a new database but how do I import my messages from the old database? Where are they on my c drive?

Hello Pamela,

If you had the account/s set as IMAP, your emails will be downloaded automatically from the server. If the account was set as POP3 and you have the backup file available, then you can import the database in Menu > File > Restore.

Russel

Emails for the last couple of days downloaded from the server, as you say, but there are no older ones on the server for the last month or so. They were downloaded from the server by eM Client and must be stored somewhere on my C Drive so where can I find them? Having installed eM Client again I can’t open the original version therefore can’t see them.

I have a similar problem. Tried to do the restore and received this message, which I was told to include in any messages to support. Does anyone have an idea what is going on? 3 years’ worth of emails are now lost. All contacts are gone. Everything is missing except what was in the inbox at the time.

System.IO.IOException: Access to the path ‘C:\Users\Fre\AppData\Roaming\eM Client’ is denied.
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)
   at DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(String backupFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at DbBackup.FormBackup.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<mainform_load>b__0(Object a, DoWorkEventArgs b)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

</mainform_load>

It was unwise not to back up three years of e-mails. I back up fairly often but have lost a month’s worth. I have now uninstalled eM Client completely and installed it again from the website, hoping that a clean installation will work correctly. 

The files are all present. I cannot access them. Access denied is the message. I need to know how to regain access.

If uninstalling helps, please reply back. I will try that next as I can’t lose anymore data at this point.

Well, not sure how it happened, but I had the path: C:\Users\Fre\AppData\Roaming\eM Client highlighted and I tried to open it. That opened up the eM Client new user program which located the files and installed them. Yippee! 3 years of emails back in place. All my contacts back. All the formatting back.

On advice I renamed eM Client database and then a new eM Client program opened but it couldn’t import stuff from the old one as the name has been changed. You should back up those e-mails on your hard drive through Menu/File/Export and then create a folder to store them in. Then if you have trouble in the future you can at least import back all those e-mails.