Received inline mail images not scaled down

I have a very annoying problem when I receive a mail with an image in it.
The image displays at full size and gets not scaled own to match the window.
From other mail clients like Thunderbird, the images get scaled down to fix the window and enlarged to 100% as soon as I click on it.

I’m an artist and get photos from clients often but need to scroll left and right, or save the image to another place. Just to be able to view them properly.

1 Like

Either double click on the “image inline” which will normally open the original emailed image and res in your specific OS photo editor.

Or alt right click on the “image inline” and at the bottom you will see a “Zoom” menu option with eg: Original or + Increase or - decrease sizes till you get what you want.

Or if its an attachment in eM Client, just “dblclick the attachment” depending on if “its inline” or not.

You can also “dblclick on the subject” of the email to open the email fully incase your eM Client window is not fully maximized to show the whole resolution. All depends what resolution computer you run.

Eg: I run a 2K 2560x1440 res Win 11 so if i receive a 4K res image I zoom it down in eM Client to see it by around 50 perc to fit inline as my computer screen is not currently wide enough in res to see that full width in the body of the email. I have no problems doing that.

Of course, its eM clients “fault”.
I don’t want to double-click on each image to have it opened in another window. It’s not smooth if you end up with 5 or more images in your photo editor which you have to close afterwards.

Opening the whole mail in another windows doesn’t fit the image to the wide of the image either.
Of course, I can zoom out the entire mail content, but it makes the writing small too. So if the mail sender puts text under his inlined images I won’t be able to read it anymore.

Telling me I need a 4k screen to read my mails properly is ridiculous. It’s like Steve Jobs told his clients to hold the phone in another way to make the antenna of the iphones work properly. :wink:

Thunderbird works this way if the image is larger than the column wide: It shrinks the image to fit the column and as soon as you hoover the mouse over the image, the cursor turns into a little magnifying glass with a plus inside it. When I click, the images zooms out to 100%. I think Outlook does it this way too.
Only eM client seems not be able to work fluent with images sizes inside mails.

1 Like

Of course, its eM clients “fault

Ha ha. It’s nothing to do with eM Client.

A missing feature has to do. Every website can scale images fluently in size depending on the column width these days. It’s not rocket science.
Thunderbird can do it. Apple Mail can do it. Outlook can do it. Wondering why EmClient misses it.

2 Likes

Telling me I need a 4k screen to read my mails properly is ridiculous.

I never said you need a 4K screen to read your emails in, only that if you are eg: sent an image (twice as big as your screen width can fit in like mine being a 2K screen width) of course you have to have to zoom or scale it down to fit the 4K res image in the body width of the email.

Thunderbird can do it. Apple Mail can do it. Outlook can do it

I’ve used all those mailers you mentioned above and they don’t automatically (for me) fit inline (all larger resolutions) over 2K res peeps send me within the body of the email width.

1 Like

It is a missing feature!
I really longing for that emClient automatically shows the image in a useful size whe reading the either in preview or in a seperate window.

This doesn’t help nobody when you can’t see the image’s content

That is not an inline (embedded) image.

It is an attachment preview that is displayed below the message.

There should be a scaling icon in the top left of the image as you hover over the image so you can expand it to full size. Then click on it again to reduce it to fit the preview width.

1 Like

@Moritz

I really longing for that emClient automatically shows the image in a useful size whe reading the either in preview or in a seperate window

You can also “right click” on the “image inline” and at the bottom you will see a “Zoom” menu option with eg: Original or + Increase or - decrease sizes till you get the size you want.

I don’t have this scale icon “on mouse over” the image, Gary. So Moritz has same problem like me.

Yes, thank you @Gary, there is the scaling icon, but clicking on it the image gets even more bigger and I can see less. And yes, I was talking about attached images and not inline. Maybe this is different.

The zoom menu option isn’t a real option, because the the text gets everytime smaler too. So this is no real solution.

But why can’t it be that the image is always in a useful size without clicking or adjusting? I don’t get the point why it should be like it is. Can somebody explain this to me, please?

If you don’t have the icon, click on the image and it will expand to full size.

It’s full size in the mail. Around 3580px wide. Seems my client just dragged the image into his window while writing to me.
And I use em client not full sized. So the image gets cut off around 50% of its size.
Why can’t it fit in my column by default? it’s simply annoying.

What version of eM Client are you using?
You will find that in Menu > Help > About.

It says: 8.2.1659 (845a639)

This option is there in version 8, but could you upgrade to version 9 and see if there is any difference?
You can get the latest version here: https://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi

I installed version 9 now, but the image stuff is still not working.
I also never got a message that version 9 is available, although I press “check for updates” from time to time.

Last and most important now with version 9 my right column is totally wrong. It only shows a calender with hours. In v8 it had a nice list for the next days with my mails I marked with the small red flag in mails on top. It was a perfect and quick way to have a to-do list. How can I get the view back in v9?

Version 9 is not yet pushed to all users, so you probably won’t get it offered as an update in Check For Updates.

The right-sidebar view in your screenshot is the Calendar. I think you previously had Agenda. Select that view from the options at the bottom of the sidebar.

1 Like

This did the trick. Agenda was empty by default. I had to check back to show marked emails and future events from the calendar. Don’t know the proper English menu points there. Using German EM-Client.

1 Like

Did anyone ever find a solution for automatically showing ‘inline’ images (images withing the body of the email rather than attachements) to display to fit? I’m using version 9 and they still all show as full size.