Re-order e-mail account folders

Hi there,

Is there a way to reorder email account folders?

I can move a folder under another as a sub-folder, but I can’t seem to simply reorder the list, and it is forced in to alphabetical order.

It would be great to be able to put certain folders above, for example, Sent and Trash.

1 Like

Unfortunately not.

The system folders (Inbox, Sent, Trash, Drafts, Junk, Archive) are in a set order. Any folder you create on the same level as those, will be listed alphabetically after the system folders. Any folders you create inside on of those folders, will be listed alphabetically within that folder.

Hi Gary.

Thanks for letting me know.

That’s a shame. Hopefully this is something that can be added in the future.

1 Like

Your email client has the key advantage of allowing the Calendar functionality with GMail, which Outlook doesn’t. But I have NO idea how you could have missed that people would want to be able to rearrange their email folders by dragging them, and also their Tasks which I see isn’t possible either. Makes it pretty useless as a client for me, and until you correct this I think you are losing market share to people like me with many folders to separate out their email. Tasks I find to be less functional than Outlook’s on many levels.

@MissSylvie

Your email client has the key advantage of allowing the Calendar functionality with GMail, which Outlook doesn’t. But I have NO idea how you could have missed that people would want to be able to rearrange their email folders by dragging them, and also their Tasks which I see isn’t possible either.

I would then suggest to create a Feature Request “separate post” with the above in it.

Doesn’t look like you are staff. Why don’t YOU do a Feature Request?

@MissSylvie

Why don’t YOU do a Feature Request?

I don’t personally need that feature as are happy with the order of the account inbox, sent etc folders, “but as you want the ability to reorder those” then either you create the feature request.

Or @gizmo2501 could change this thread to a feature request at the top.

Happy to change it to a feature request, but I actually can’t see a way to do it.

miércoles 26 abril 2023 :: 1322hrs (UTC +0100)

For what it is worth I have done it for you.

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Sevilla y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Thank you!

I have changed the name of the thread to fit.