RC 7 slow rendering

Why is rc 7 slow in rendering messages when changing from message to message? It takes about 300ms to show the chosen message when clicked. No such problem in version 6 final.

My guess is that you have “Download Messages for Offline Use” unchecked (menu/tools/accounts/imap), which is the default in v. 7. This means that the body of the message is downloading each time you view it as only the headers are downloaded and stored locally. My emails load instantaneously when I switch from email to email.

Hi Jay
Thanks for answering. I did as you suggested and after some while everything was synchronized again. But I still have slow rendering when switching from email to email. Should I check ‘Include attached and images’ as well?
BTW. When I go back to v.6. (where “Download Messages for Offline Use” is unchecked) emails load instantly. Any ideas?

Hi Georges-- I have no answer on this.  My version 7 renders fine, as did my version 6.  I do no have download attachments checked as I don’t want my message store to become huge and potentially perform poorly.  Sorry.

Hi Jay
Well, it’s not a big drama. But still, clicking on a mail in the list in 6 opens the mail instantly and without jerking whereas in 7rc it takes the mail a fraction of a sec to open and to come to a full rest in rendering, just slightly jerking.
I’m still trying. Thanks for your help.

Hello Georges,
can you please tell me what mail account does this issue happen on? What mail protocol does it use?

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia

FYI: My accounts are gmail.com and outlook.com
I don’t know if this issue is related to a specific mail account. It’s just that v. 6 renders instantly whilst 7rc’s behavior is like scrolling the content to render and showing a bumping effect every time I chose another mail from the list.
Regards
Georges

For me it’s the same. Switching form one message to another on a private IMAP account does the same. Messages are quite simple and text based so it’s unexpected to see a delay there.

Hi Georges,
can I just ask, do you use the Conversations views? If so, do you use them in all views or just message detail? Just trying to troubleshoot this to see what could be the cause.

Regards,
Olivia

Hiello Javier,
can I just ask, do you use the Conversations views? If so, do you use them in all views or just message detail? J

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia

I use  Show Conversations in All Views. Whatever of the 3 possible views I chose, the rendering is the same: slow

Regards
Georges

No, I don’t use conversations and I can’t reproduce it again. The issue I mostly had is that the message opened blanc and after a second the message was displayed. This didn’t happen with v6, but maybe was the initial startup?

Investigating a little more it’s quite random. It happens mostly when I open a simple text message on a new window. If I find some pattern I will post here.

i have the same problem and went back to version 6, which is still available on the download site. on version 6 the rendering is effectively instantaneous. on version 7 it can be many minutes. this is only a problem when i view the message on a pop up window. it is not a problem when i view the message on the side. maybe that’s a clue for the developers? for the record i am using IMAP to gmail.

Ya know, I’m having the same problem.  We are a 70 user group and I’ve bought the licenses but haven’t deployed because of this slowness/drag.  It sure appears that Gane Wong may be onto something.  If I have the messages panel on, it first renders in the panel then in the pop up window.  If I turn the messages panel off, it is not only slow, but closing the message frequently causes a temporary “freeze”.  Have you guys found anything on this yet?