Random Attachments show in the email but I can't open them?

For some reason some attachments will not open even though they show an attachment including there file size. I connect to a office 365 account and also have outlook on my phone running. The attachments so far if I forward the message to myself on the phone then they work?

Hoping it is just a setting or something.

Hello Ryan, not quite sure what you’re referring, what do you mean by being unable to open the attachment? Are there any errors thrown by the application when you try to open the attachment? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Can you make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

Yep sorry was a little vague with the description. Basically open the email and on the right in preview it shows the attachment under subject like normal. If I then double click on it to open I get the error shown in my attachment. I am running ver 6.0.22344.0. I also have outlook app on my phone as not sure what other clients for android work well with the office 365 exchange servers.

Thanks for the help.

Ryan

Hello Ryan, please make sure to update your eM Client to this release, 6.0.22465.0 and repair the affected folders where attachments can’t be downloaded, we’ve released a fix for the issue, however it may not be available through the check for update option.

To repair your email folder, right click the folder in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button.

Regards,

Awesome thank you for your help Paul.

When I do a repair does it run on the whole account or only the folder? Watched it then and seemed to connect to all folders down in the bottom task bar. Have tested on email that was an issue and looks to be good now.

Ryan

Hello, when you run repair from the folder properties, only this folder will be re-synchronised with the server. Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,

Hi Paul thanks this def fixed the attachment issue.

However the only thing that seems to be a problem now is if I send an email of approx 4000k or greater it just sits in the outbox and doesn’t send. Also seems to stop other emails sending if sent after.

Is there a timeout setting to email size option??

Ryan

Hello Ryan, if this occurs with all your messages that include an attachment over this size (or about this size), can you please try to perform the repair on your sent/outbox folder for this account as well - note that after updating you need to repair all folders that had issues with the attachments, however if the issue persist please let me know so we can collect additional logging data.

Regards,

Thanks for the reply again Paul, I can repair the sent and outbox folders below my email account but it seems my outgoing emails go via the outbox under local folders and I cannot repair the ones under local folders. Seems anything over 4000 or 4500k and it just gets stuck there.

Ryan

Hello Ryan, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable Exchange Web Services logging then? Save the settings and replicate the issue while sending emails with attachments, if the issue reoccurs and some of your items remain stuck in the Outbox, please restart the application and go back to the advanced settings window to submit the logging data.

Also please make sure no security software is present during the testing and that it doesn’t block the connection to the mail server.

Once you’re ready to submit the logging data click on the “Send logs” option in the advanced settings window and submit the logs to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,