Quick text not aligned with signature

When inserting a quick text, it gets slightly indented, but when inserting a signature there’s no indentation at all.

I’ve got a signature configured to be inserted automatically (by configuring Settings > Mail > Templates and Signatures), and when I then want to insert a quick text before the signature, the quick text is not aligned with the signature.

The reason for this is that the quick text gets inserted in a <span> element. I can remove the <span> element by right clicking and choose Edit Source and then the quick text and signature are aligned.

Is this considered to be by design or would you consider it a bug that should be fixed?

I’d rather not have to edit the source every time I insert a quick text just to get the text aligned, but of all the possible workarounds, that’s probably the easiest one for me. Another workaround is to delete the automatically inserted signature > insert the quick text > add the signature again, but then what’s the point of having the signature configured to be automatically inserted?