Quick navigate to desired folder

In my eM Client that I have set up in laptop, I have several folders, like a folder for a topic.

In Microsoft Outlook, when the user press “Ctrl + V”, a window pops up and one can use the mouse or the cursor, to navigate to the desired folder and work on it.
Similarly, in Microsoft Outlook, the user, if desires to file the mail in a specific folder, the user press “Ctrl + Alt + V”, a pop up window opens, select the folder and click ok, the mail item, moves to that folder, thus filing becomes easy.

eM Client, does not seem to have this / similar short cut.

Every time I need to go to the desired folder, I use the mouse to scroll, which is a bit painful.

A suitable short cut (in eM Client) to select the folder and a suitable short cut to file the mail item in the desired folder, would have much helped.

Am liking the adaptive configuration of eM Client, but, shortcuts help.

Any feedback??

4 Likes

Ctrl + Shift + V - Move to Folder

Ctrl + Shift + C - Copy to Folder

When you use either of the above shortcut keys you can type the name of a folder at the top of the pop-up window that appears to quickly jump to a favourite mail folder.

You can see and adjust / change shortcut keys via Menu > Settings > General > Shortcuts

See also eM Client blog on useful shortcut.

https://emclient.com/blog/these-10-useful-shortcuts-in-nbsp-em-nbsp-client-will-boost-your-productivity-472

I am also looking for this feature. @cyberzork the shortcuts you provided are for moving or copying emails to another folder, but what I’d like to see is the ability to goto or jump to a folder. Scrolling the folder list on the left side is just plain slow when you have many folders. Sometimes you just ant to go to a particular folder, and having the ability to search/filter for it would be great. Click on the folder after filtering, and it takes you to that folder.

1 Like

I’d like this too. It’s pretty much a basic function. Go to folder/navigate to folder. NOT move mail to folder.

1 Like

I would also like to see this feature added. I have a large number of folders (accumulated over the years) and I’d like to see a dialog similar to the move/copy folder dialog where you can filter the names by typing.

Hi @cyberzork / eM Client team,

Is there any follow-up on this please?

It must be a really easy piece of functionality to code… surely! I suspect that 95% of the code is already there, just instead of copying/moving a specific email into the selected folder, you simply open it.

You could even use Ctrl-Shift-J as a shortcut for "J"ump to folder.

There have been quite a few people asking for this over the years, and it’s pretty disappointing that eM Client haven’t provided this yet.

Surely you must have an Agile team prepared to take this on?

Regards, Marco

@Marco_Piantino

Is there any follow-up on this please?

I’m not aware of any upcoming jump to option at this stage yet, other than the current Copy to folder or a Move to folder as already mentioned above.

It must be a really easy piece of functionality to code… surely! I suspect that 95% of the code is already there, just instead of copying/moving a specific email into the selected folder, you simply open it.

Yes it probably isn’t that complicated to program to jump to a specific or recent folder.

However It would all come down to “how many other users also want that same jump to folder feature” added, and then what priority it would be if it was to be implemented.

I will change the post to a feature request.

Hi Cyberzork,

I was just wondering if there was any momentum gathering behind this feature request yet?

The reality is a lot of people would really find this useful if it was made available, but don’t currently realise what they’re missing.

Perhaps I could post something in the forum to try and gather some support for this?

Regards, Marco

@Marco_Piantino

I was just wondering if there was any momentum gathering behind this feature request yet?

This might help you “with the jump to folder” in the next version of eM Client

There will be a new “Quick Actions” menu in the upcoming eM Client 10 “which can be used to assign a keyboard shortcut” to a specific folder as per the following post from @Gary below in the following thread.

“Move email to specific folder with keyboard shortcut”.

(Gary’s post)

Hi… me again… :grin:

Still hoping that the “open a folder via a search box” type functionality we’ve been asking for may still creep into version 10?

Just to recap, the code to perform a search for a folder MUST all be present as it’s used when copying/moving mail to a folder, but it would be sooooooo useful to be able to open folders in the same way, without having to repeatedly scroll/expand/scroll the folder tree in the navigation panel.

Fingers crossed.

Regards, Marco.

There is a quick filter directly in the folder list for quick find and jump into folder in version 10. I believe this resolves that use case pretty nicely. It is a magnifying glass icon in the header of the folder list.

1. Is it possible to add a shortcut for this filter?
  2. It would be nice if the filter and the options menu are always visible, not only hovering with the mouse. Can that be implemented?

Regards

1 Like

Thanks Michael… that’s GREAT news and will make things so much easier.